Possible Noduf Walt Contact

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Glad_its_all_over, Sep 14, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. So Mrs Glad and I have just been on a refreshing break in Denmark, taking the DFDS Harwich-Esbjerg ferry.

Imagine my surprise when I saw, on the same ferry, a dead warry Fox on MOD plates (something FS something) and a Series III 3/4 tonner on a "V" civvy plate, all manned up with chaps in 95 combats, with R Anglian and REME cap badges. Looked, well, elderly and not quite right. Mrs Glad refused to let me engage at the time and likewise when they rocked up on the return journey. I overheard them telling some young lad they'd been on joint exercise with the Danish Army in Soenderborg. They drove off the main road at Colchester, which kind of thickened the plot.

Now, I'm dubious. Could they possibly have been TA, or was this a bona fide Walt spotting?

2. Must be Walts - TA do not use civvie plates for any of their green fleet, and the Fox was withdrawn in 1993/94

3. The old TA R Sigs MIV (Mould Insertion Vehicles) were civilian Land Rover III's on civvy plates. However I think they were all withdrawn last year and replaced with standard 20yr old Defenders.

Far too young to know what a Fox is!

4. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

[​IMG]

At last my moment in the spotlight!

5. I passed these clowns on the A12 last Sat. Should of give them a flick with the arseend of me trailer.

6. I passed these clowns on the A12 last Sat. Should of give them a flick with the arseend of me trailer.

7. Ugly, you're Ray Mears aren't you? :D

8. no he's a drunken thieving kleptomanic,pryromanic and should be deported back up north away from civillisation :)

9. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

he may be ugly now but I have always been well at least since my first brick Commander "G" decided that would do! Summer of 83 West Belfast!
    mears is just a porker, his programmes seem fun enough but if you knew me you'd know my idea of a survival kit includes venison and whisky!

10. [​IMG]

Are those the two biggest 'pints' of Guinness in history?

11. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

It was my non tac food flask which I spray painted with green so I wouldnt lose it in the snow when in BFPO 666! It lasted ages and I was convinced it was unbreakable until asked to prove it and it wasnt! It lasted 2 years and had a wide neck so you could stick range stew etc in it before going out on a quick op! Having loohed at it now it does realy look like a quart of frothy black magic!

12. Drinking Guiness or p!ssing on the exhaust? :lol:

13. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

That gent at the rear of 00GM94 is Dougie R a top bloke as I remember! I wonder how he's getting on? Especially if the exhaust burns on his willy should have healed by now!