POSSIBLE MEDICAL DISCHARGE/DOWNGRADE DUE TO KNEE

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by HENDO, May 6, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Basically about 4 months ago I had knee surgery due to pattela tendonois, rehab was going well and I was back running on a tread mill for short periods with no pain. I was then given a rehab excercise which involved hoping on my bad leg. Since performing this excercise my knee has become worse pain when walking and straightening my leg. I spoke to my MO regarding this however I am worried that I may be medically discharge if this has caused a serious injury through an excercise which I was instructed to do.

Where do I stand??

cheers.

2. On the knee that isn't sore. (I'll get me coat).

Mate, I wouldn't start flapping over it yet-it is a relatively short time since the operation. Obviously, the rehab exercise hasn't worked-the physio should work with you on this and give you a different exercise to do.

Good luck.

3. if you are doing the exercises that you are taught to do - then you should have little to worry about.

This might just be a reaction to you commencing demanding exercise since your op - may just be temporary, so dont panic too much just yet.

4. Yher was worried becuase a freind of mine who had the same op. was medically discharged due to his tendon been close to rupture.

5. that was your friend - dont panic about things that you cant verify.
    just follow the instructions - you'll be fine

Ill keep me fingers crossed for you