POSSIBLE MEDICAL DISCHARGE/DOWNGRADE DUE TO KNEE

Basically about 4 months ago I had knee surgery due to pattela tendonois, rehab was going well and I was back running on a tread mill for short periods with no pain. I was then given a rehab excercise which involved hoping on my bad leg. Since performing this excercise my knee has become worse pain when walking and straightening my leg. I spoke to my MO regarding this however I am worried that I may be medically discharge if this has caused a serious injury through an excercise which I was instructed to do.

Where do I stand??

cheers.

HENDO said:
Basically about 4 months ago I had knee surgery due to pattela tendonois, rehab was going well and I was back running on a tread mill for short periods with no pain. I was then given a rehab excercise which involved hoping on my bad leg. Since performing this excercise my knee has become worse pain when walking and straightening my leg. I spoke to my MO regarding this however I am worried that I may be medically discharge if this has caused a serious injury through an excercise which I was instructed to do.

Where do I stand??

cheers.
On the knee that isn't sore. (I'll get me coat).

Mate, I wouldn't start flapping over it yet-it is a relatively short time since the operation. Obviously, the rehab exercise hasn't worked-the physio should work with you on this and give you a different exercise to do.

Good luck.

HENDO said:

Where do I stand??

cheers.
if you are doing the exercises that you are taught to do - then you should have little to worry about.

This might just be a reaction to you commencing demanding exercise since your op - may just be temporary, so dont panic too much just yet.

Yher was worried becuase a freind of mine who had the same op. was medically discharged due to his tendon been close to rupture.

HENDO said:
Yher was worried becuase a freind of mine who had the same op. was medically discharged due to his tendon been close to rupture.
that was your friend - dont panic about things that you cant verify.
just follow the instructions - you'll be fine

Ill keep me fingers crossed for you