Possible legal action against Spain over Gibraltar

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by graeme838, Aug 12, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Why bother? Just levy every Spaniard working in the UK an amount - say £43 per month - and send the money to the Gibraltarians (is that the right term?) to reimburse them for the charges Spain are levying for travel...

Lets see who cries the loudest then, no need to involve lawyers!

2. oh you are a Juan.

• Like Like x 2
  3. We would need a government with balls to do that. And I don't mean Ed.

4. So who is getting the shitty end of the stick? I thought it was the thousands of Spaniards who commute to Gib daily for work?

5. Hmm. We're "considering" taking legal action.

The chances of us doing so are, I imagine, directly related to what some legal bod eventually decides are our chances of winning.

6. ACAB, so your're saying the firms in Gib should sack all the Dons and hire in some cheap labour from, oh, say, Liverpool?

A bit harsh on the Gibraltarians but on balance a good move for the UK.

7. Boycott san miguel or any other spanish shit about

8. No, but aren't all those people held up in huge queues at the Border Dons as opposed to Gibs? I think the last time this went tits up they bought a load of Liberians in to do the work the Done used to.

9. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

you don't think they are going to charge the Spanish do you? Once a Spanish passport is seen they'll wave on through.

10. I demand "Tatties" is re-opened with 'Chicken on a fist'.

Is Charlie from the Hole 'I wall still alive? Note on door said he'd retired to La Lunea last time I was there??

11. Made in Edinburgh. Even the only half-decent 'export' is made in a country other than the the soon-to-be desert shithole.

That's not very nice, I like Spain, just not the Spanish.