Possible Junior Entry problem?

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by LJT, Sep 28, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. LJT

Hey all,

I applied to join the Army a few months ago and are currently at the ADSC part of the process.
    I am planning to go to AFC Winchester on their March 2012 intake. My birthday is in January which makes me 16.9 years old.
    Now the age bracket for a Junior Entry is 16-17.1 years old, but by March I will be 17.2 years old, I know this is only a months difference but will I have to wait until I'm 18 to join if I don't get in the March intake?

2. What has the Army Careers Office said?
  3. LJT

My recruiter hasn't mentioned it
  4. You can do adult entry aged 17. You will no doubt do that 13 weeks rather than Junior Entry 23 weeks St Winchester.
  5. LJT

Damn, I guess I may have a longer waiting time then.
  6. All Junior entry is now 16-17:5 so you will be ok for Winchester (last intake is March 2012) if you pass very soon with a very high grade (just be warned that there is stiff competition for these places and already loads of people awaiting allocation. After then all Juniors go to Harrogate September 2012 when Winchester stops doing Junior entry but you will be too old by then...............Lots depend on how well you do at ADSC, people will shortly start getting allocated for the remaining Junior Entry places for the january 2012 AFC then March intakes at Winchester shortly after as nearly all places are filled for the remainder of the year at Winchester.