Possible hoax letter

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by OldRedCap, May 4, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. It is understood that a letter such as below is circulating. Please do not act on this until further instructions is received - it is understood this may be a hoax or error

2. I've got Mary Poppins, if anyone else wants a copy ;)

*I would like to know WTH sent this letter out, and I wonder how many take their advice, hehe

3. I received that letter a few years ago. It's how I ended up in the TA.

I am still awaiting the arrival of my poncho.

4. The kit list is wrong. It doesn't state Reebok Classics and a hooded top.

Edited for being a fcukwit!

5. I thought all modern pre-deloyment training included the mandatory viewing of Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels?

6. What self respecting chav of today is going to buy an X reg tank, when he could take his lowered Nova/Saxo/206 (delete as req) and anyway, you cant have a set of alloy's fitted to a tank.

Sparky

7. chrisg46

chrisg46 LE Book Reviewer

Wait just a god damn cotton picking minute? You mean its a fake? I just been out to get the map!! Do you think i can get my money back? i have a receipt...

8. Does it matter if its DVD or VHS for the things we have to watch? Will it count against me if I use a second hand copy? The letter just isn't clear enough!

9. msr

msr LE

It is understood that a very tired, old joke such as above is circulating. Please do not act on this until further instructions is received - it is understood this is not a hoax or error, as the poster is definitely senile.

msr

10. You can have "further instruction IS received" or "further instructions ARE received" but you cannot write "further instructions IS received"
    Not that bloody senile!

11. Presumably that makes the 's' a hoax letter.

I'll get my coat.

edited for clarity

12. Yahoooo! I'm on my way....no wait, hold on a minute, oh f- :oops:

13. I don’t give a fook. Made I laugh. Thanks ORC. :wink:

14. Why would I read something a footballer wrote?

I thought he was injured.