Possible dumb question...


I'm a stranger to the RAMC forums, but I need your advice. I'm a Troop Commander with a TA gun bty. One of our new lads who joined earlier this year, did his basic training and then qualified on the guns. However, he came to me last night and admitted that he had only joined the unit because he wanted to train to be a CMT. D'oh.

So what are this guy's options? If it's a straight transfer to our local Field Hospital unit, then that's easy(ish) enough. However, is there anyway that he can re-cap badge, get the training, and then stay in the gunners as a medic?

Your thoughts would be much appreciated,


You've just answered your own question:

1) Transfer to RAMC Unit as CMT, however TA Field Hospitals aren't probably the best place for him to train as a CMT!

2) He could re-badge and stay on as Bty Medic, but promotion etc may be limited.

I am not a font of knowledge on TA matters but someone will give you the other info needed soon

New Posts

Latest Threads