Possible Drug Dealers

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by A_Frayed_Knot, Sep 14, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Having read a few posts here of late regarding the drug dealing fraternity in various posts, I thought I would add one of my own.

Yesterday afternoon I travelled from Surrey to SE London to visit my grandmother in hospital. Taking in the likes of Streatham, Norbury and Thornton Heath en route. Before I am accused of being some sort of snob I will tell you that I am a 'Sarf Landan' boy myself, and proud to be so.

Its fair to say, that these once decent places really do resemble the arrse hole of the world nowadays. Everything seems to be on the decline, with one exception, the vehicles that are being driven.

Due to the slow nature of the journey (thats a London traffic thing) I managed to observe so many (at least 15 I should guess) top of the range, Range Rovers and convertible BMW M3's no more than a year old. Nothing wrong with that I should say if you are driving through Kensington & Chelsea and the owners look like they are in the right vehicle. However, what I saw yesterday were male drivers, very early twenties and in very socially deprived areas.

Dont the police ever wonder how lads so young, living in these areas can afford to swan around in vehicles coming in around the 50k mark? Far be it from me to start any sort of witch hunt, but surely these kids are flaunting ill gotten gains and make themselves easy prey for a bit of intelligence work to see where their wealth has been derived from.

Of course I stand to be corrected if in fact they are all hard working young barristers/accountants earning top money and still choosing to live in inner city decay.

Just my view, and as such I am waiting to be accused of being a jealous cnut for observing such finely engineering vehicles from my three year old Citroen

2. Good post I have seen the same here but you used two words (my bold) that don't work well together.

3. No, you aren't being judgemental; they really are drug-dealing scumbags who need their kneecaps removing with a clawhammer. The pain will distract them from the distress of discovering that their M3s, far from being a paragon of German engineering excellence, are in fact assembled by slack-jawed redneck yokels in South Carolina.

4. A bit harsh they are providing a valuable service to their community as long as they keep it in house then crack on I say.

5. You consider this idle speculation to be worthy of inclusion in "Current Affairs, News and Analysis"? :roll:

6. Well, yes I did actually. I looked hard at where to post this and considered this the best option. Perhaps I am limited in intelligence and made the wrong choice. I have been warned on the quiet before now, not to post in the NAAFI and I couldnt see where else it might have fitted (perhaps you will tell me).

Besides that, I think it really is in the right section. Firstly it can be counted as current news when linked with the gang/knife culture thing, as I am sure the youngsters who carry out this thing are looking 'up' at the drug dealers and their ill gotten gains and aspiring to be like them and therefore have to prove therir hardness and street cred to get to where they want to be. Secondling it is my analysis of where scoiety is going wrong. Thirdly whilst it is not world news, its my news from yesterday and my thoughts on it.

If I have posted in the wrong place, I am sorry, but I stand by my origianal post nonetheless.

Looks like it has been put in the right place now - Thanks

7. You would think that the tax man would be interested in these people if no-one else can be bothered.

8. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Good call. I expect the 'tax man', the police, MI5 and the Council dust bin inspectors have nothing better to do that worry about why young people are driving around London in expensive cars. Without the decency to stick to Kensington, Chelsea, Knightsbridge, Hampstead and nice places north of the river.

They should shoot them first then ask questions later. Except then they couldnt. Because they would be DEAD.

So, your three year old Citroen... does it break down much? Were you sober when you thought buying a French car was a good idea? Have you paid all your tax?

9. TheIronDuke

Dont tempt me.

10. Why is it do YOU think that they chose to visit these areas then? Or do they live there do you think?

11. ...and on the other hand, my missus's lad is 21, doesnt do drugs, hardly drinks at all but drives around in a banged up old renault with harry black holding the bonnet down.

He's been pulled over by the police 5 times in the last week (no exaggeration), searched twice for drugs and told to produce his docs twice at the same station....and this is the arrse end of Cornwall.

Feckin amazes me this country.

12. Well Gordian knot:

This will catch mousey !
    http://www.screwfix.com/prods/96033/Cleaning/Pest-Control/Little-Nipper-Mouse-Trap-Pack-of-4?cm_mmc=GoogleBase-_-Datafeed-_-Cleaning-_-Little%20Nipper%20Mouse%20Trap%20Pack%20of%204

13. I am sure that there is a mechanism that the authorities have to establish how money is earned and to confiscate property if it cannot be proven that it has been acquired in a legal way, but I think that they are chasing much bigger fish first. It might be a lot more productive to look into the cases you observed since the effects of confiscation would be more visible to those on the streets. However, I guess that if a multi millionaire drug dealer can run his operation from a betting shop and claim it was all won on the horses then a little scrote in a Range Rover isn't going to have much trouble running around the human rights laws.

14. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

There are certain markers that point to the case you make. In barios in Columbia for example - them with the bling are the dealers. On pikey sites in the UK, the one's with the rollers and jags - they're the naughtiest ones.

On crime infested and poverty stricken estates in London or anywhere else, the only ones that can afford to drive big flash expensive cars and NOT move to a better area are indeed the miscreants, ne'er do wells, drug dealers and gangsters.

Sorry Duke - but he's right and you know it. When are you going to change that M5 of yours for this year's model then?

15. TheIronDuke

I'm sure one of our tame Rozzers can give you stats, but a clapped out banger is liable to be uninsured, taxed or MoTed. Besides, I'd be a happier motorist knowing they were checking the tyres on said banger.

Sue, Grabbit and Runne, solicitors to the British Association of Dope Dealers and Associate Pikey Bastards will be in touch Sirrah.

I assume Frayed_Knot was not cruising the sink estates of Tooting Bec, and from the manors he passed through was heading South out of London. Is it beyond reason to assume these kids were also heading south to, say Oxted in Surrey where they live? Or Brighton?

And in a further leap of faith that they made a shedload of cash in the music, fashion, dot-com or Daddys Rich business?

You own a 3 year old French shed on wheels, they own a brand new Rangey. Adjust.