Possible Computer Error with Service Pensions

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by mickmick, Apr 6, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. If you completed 22+ service.

If you retired prior to 2001/2.

If you commutated the maximun amount you could.

If you reached the age of 55 after 2001/2.

[align=center]
    READ THE THREAD BELOW
    [/align]

I know one ex service man who queried his pension and is now £2000 per year better off, plus payments backdated.

My pension increased when I reached 55, but I don't know if this is the full and correct amount.

I am now writing letters left, right and center trying to get copies of my P60's so I can check and see if this has happened to my pension.

mick
    [align=center]
    READ THE THREAD BELOW
    [/align]

In 2001/2 MOD moved the Paymaster of all service pensions from Army Pensions in Glasgow to Xafinity Paymaster in Crawley as part of its civilianizing process and MOD staff cut backs.

All armed forces who had took pensions previous to 2001/2 whilst under the control of Armed forces Pensions in Glasgow were OK until the control was transferred to Xafinity Paymaster in Crawley. Any service man or women who have commutated part of their pension pre this transfer of pensions soon found that their gross pension sum had changed and the amount that they have commuted was missing from their Form P60? Why, well the new paymaster decided to create a new Form P60 in 2002, this removed any reference to commutation of a service pension whereas the old Glasgow Army Form P60 clearly showed the pensioner what they were entitled too and how commuted money was deducted before tax.

For service pensioners, to find if they are affected, please compare your pre 2001 Form P60 to your current P60 from Xafinity Paymaster. If your gross pension sum in 2006 is less than your gross pension sum in 2000 of if your commuted pension sum is missing from your gross pension of you have reached over 55 and your pension did not revert to the full pension, then you are affected too. This could run into thousands of pounds per pensioner and the total sum missing could well be into the millions of pound too.

This could also affect the RN, RM and RAF.

mick

2. Bump...