Possible by-election in the offing.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Sixty, Jun 17, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

Current majority - 2680

Yes. Hung out to dry = submitting receipts from a company that doesn't exist.
  2. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

Anyone else think that a few more of these by-elections may be called; brought about by the Star Chamber's findings?
  3. Sod the by-elections. When will we see a few of these canutes having their collars felt? 'Cos that's exactly what would happen to you or me if we were photoshopping receipts and using them to claim expenses.
  4. Won't happen.

He knows that he will lose and so he will hang on in to collect as much pay, pension entitlement and expenses as possible.

He is trying to bluff the Labour party into reselecting him. I don't think it is going to work, but Labour has done stupider things in the past.
  5. Sixty

It's just been on Reporting Scotland that he'll likely stay on or stand as an independent MP.

I suspect your cynicism is well placed Mobat.
  6. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

I was going tpo put in some things abour Mr D but it might just bring the site into trouble, even though the stories were well founded.

However, I don't think the Labour Party in Livingstone will be sorry to see the back of JD and will be quite relieved that Central Office has done their dirty work for them and sacked him.

IMO he should now be charged with fraud and answer to a court.

I would be expremely surpirsed if he went before the next election - he would lose too much money.
  7. If he stands as an independant and loses he gets more dosh than if he accepts that the local trots don't want him anymore.

Remember Martin Bell said he would only stand at Tatton once. He played the system by standing somewhere he would lose after his spell at Tatton to ensure he maximised his allowances.
  8. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

Another one for SNP? They had a huge swing here after Cook died in 2005.

Wouldn't surprise me.
  9. Sixty

Especially with the prevailing current mood ref expenses, i_t_c.
  10. Looks like Kitty Usher may be joining the queue at the exit.That's another one of the Bliar wimmin gone!