possible broken arm

anyone with experience tell me how u know uve broke ur forearm? stupid question maybe... but i need help in work at 2pm shuld i ring in sick n preper for 10 hour wait in a&e or what :( dnt moan about spelin one armed n pretty drunk :D

When i broke my arm in a mountain bike crash i was convinced it was fine, i could still move my fingers as well. There was just a little swolen bump on the underside, oh and it bloody hurt! Still managed to ride the bike 6 miles back to the car (one handed), went to A&E, x-ray etc. They put a temporary cast on it and i had to come back the next day when the swelling had gone down for the real cast.

jarrod248 said:
tommy1990 said:
anyone with experience tell me how u know uve broke ur forearm? stupid question maybe... but i need help in work at 2pm shuld i ring in sick n preper for 10 hour wait in a&e or what :( dnt moan about spelin one armed n pretty drunk :D
I've a lot of experience but I can't imagine anyone has an internet x-ray machine. Hope you've been and got it sorted.
Hah, shows how much nursey knows!

I regret to inform you that you have a greenstick fracture of the left radius:

tommy1990 said:
anyone with experience tell me how u know uve broke ur forearm?
Just when I think I've read every question about every possibilty of every eventuality on every subject in the world on ARRSE someone pops up with a blinder! Thanks mate, lovely way to end the weekend. :wink:

more importantly - was it broken?

I broke my arm in three places once.

When I saw the Docter he said I should stay away from those places.

Tommy Cooper,

gone but not forgotten.