possible broken arm

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by tommy1990, May 30, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. anyone with experience tell me how u know uve broke ur forearm? stupid question maybe... but i need help in work at 2pm shuld i ring in sick n preper for 10 hour wait in a&e or what :( dnt moan about spelin one armed n pretty drunk :D
  2. Is there any swelling? Painful to touch? Disfiguration?
    Get to A & E, they can only make it worse
  3. erm... yes and yes n its got a downwards angle look to it :S i can wiggle fingers tho?
  4. Suggest you get down to A&E then. Should be quiet at this time of day/night! :cry:
  5. damn time to wake mummy i got a boo boo :( ooo i got pins n needles now :)
  6. i dnt wanna go tho if its jus a bad bump :( i can wiggle fingers i though tu culdnt wiggle them if broke??
  7. sobering up a bit feels like ive bin whacked in me funny bone
  8. When i broke my arm in a mountain bike crash i was convinced it was fine, i could still move my fingers as well. There was just a little swolen bump on the underside, oh and it bloody hurt! Still managed to ride the bike 6 miles back to the car (one handed), went to A&E, x-ray etc. They put a temporary cast on it and i had to come back the next day when the swelling had gone down for the real cast.
  9. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

Hah, shows how much nursey knows!

I regret to inform you that you have a greenstick fracture of the left radius:

10. Just when I think I've read every question about every possibilty of every eventuality on every subject in the world on ARRSE someone pops up with a blinder! Thanks mate, lovely way to end the weekend. :wink:
  11. more importantly - was it broken?
  12. I broke my arm in three places once.

When I saw the Docter he said I should stay away from those places.

Tommy Cooper,

gone but not forgotten.
  13. London, Tokyo, Rome?
  14. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)