• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Poss Walt

No, it isn't. The second row is the Dunkirk commemorative and the Normandy Campaign commemorative. Now piss off and take your self awarded Bosnia medal with you cock of the highest order.

Medals match in, commemorative medals warn seperate (if he was there he can wear what he wants). What is making you call Walt? Are you gonna be a bloke and ask him? He shouldn't be hard to find! I'm sure it list his name,area and association!

Rather you than me

Totally unrelated to the first post, but have a read of this obituary: Brigadier Tony Hunter-Choat - Telegraph

If you were in a pub and someone told you "I was a soldier in the FFL, left after 5 years with loads of medals for slotting Algerians, became an officer in the Gurkhas, then the Royal Artillery before being given command of an SAS Regiment without having done selection" you would poke him in the eye and call him a lying cunt. From Private to Brigadier: not a bad effort!

Let's just remind ourselves who is calling this grand old gentleman a Walt shall we?

Gents,

I have been pointed here by a recent facebook comment and to say I'm suprised at some of you would be an understatement.
Commemorative medals arent worn to suggest that the wearer is in receipt of an official award, they are simply commemorative! Stone me its not difficult! Like the poster MuttzNuttz I too was days away from a medal, I was hit by a speeding (UK military!) vehicle in Sarajevo 1993, I had been in country 23 days and was subsequently discharged with multiple ongoing injuries centred around my shoulders and upper back. I tried appealing twice, once by letter to a medals agency in an RAF base (who on the phone were about as dismissive as can be) and once through my local MP to attain the relevant award but was unsuccesful both times.

However, I wear it now, I have been out 17 years this summer and see no issue with wearing a medal that signifies and confirms my input to that particular operation and I will continue to do so. I rightfully earned the QGJM and Cadet Forces Medal for services to the ACF and will be proud to mount the QDJM this month, the fact that I, as an adult, still carrying injuries sustained on operations choose to wear an award that is defined by the ridiculous concept of how many days you spend in a hostile environment and not actually being awarded for being IN a hostile environment is to me no issue, it harms no one and it reminds me of why I spend weeks at a time on the sick with ongoing pain and issues.

End of.

Neil
You wear a medal you're not entitled to because you forgot your Green Cross Code yet you question this man's veracity?

In further news:

Gary Glitter criticises NSPCC practices.

Blair calls for more accountability in Government.

Totally unrelated to the first post, but have a read of this obituary: Brigadier Tony Hunter-Choat - Telegraph

If you were in a pub and someone told you "I was a soldier in the FFL, left after 5 years with loads of medals for slotting Algerians, became an officer in the Gurkhas, then the Royal Artillery before being given command of an SAS Regiment without having done selection" you would poke him in the eye and call him a lying cunt. From Private to Brigadier: not a bad effort!
How ironic that he was born in the same town as Baron Castleshortt who was also in the SAS without having passed selection.

Hunter-Choat sounds a remarkable Boys' Own man.

CplFoodspoiler

War Hero
Book Reviewer

they don't make 'em like that any more.

N

NeilCardew

cant delete the thread, can someone please do it, and delete all my posts as well.

absolute set of complete wannabe wankers

Latest Threads