Position , hold, grip etc, and results on your grouping.

Discussion in 'Shooting, Hunting and Fishing' started by Gadgwah, Feb 13, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. There used to be the pamphlet for the SLR that showed what you were doing wrong when, for example, your grouping shots went bottom left to top right, ie not holding the pistol grip tightly enough.

Does anyone know where I can get the same information for a regular rifle, ie. Without the pistol grip.

Cheers
    Gadge

2. correction.jpg

You mean like this one?

• Like Like x 4
  3. I think it was called a 'Coaching Guide' and was a cardboard fold out.

I guarantee that at least 1 ARRSER will have one tucked away inside his Sect Comds Aide Memoir (Remember them?) and moldering in his loft.

4. That's interesting, when I did the coaching bit of SCBC Phase 1 it only involved watching the shooter as he fired rather than interpreting the position of the group on the target. If there were no blatently obvious faults with technique and the grouping was consistent, then you'd merely adjust the sights until the centre of the group coincided with the POA.

5. That diagram is for pistol...

• Like Like x 2
  6. I am that ARRSER. Keep i in my smock pocket for coaching, if you're still in I can get the NSN for you.

BB

7. Porridge_gun

Porridge_gun LE Good Egg (charities)

And a gay american pistol at that.

Gadge, I'll email you something tomorrow.

8. Sorry it has taken so long to get back to you all on this.

ACAB. Link does not work.

It is the kind of explanation that the diagram by Marty870 shows, (ie what your hands, / grip etc is doing wrong if you get the rounds in a diagonal line etc.)

Cheers
    Gadge

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  9. A right handed pistol shooter.

10. This would be used coaching grouing, zeroing and/or application practises.

Not sure how it works in the UK but we go up and have a look at the target when grouping/zeroing and you are able to point out mistakes such as breathing, hold etc (that wouldn't always be obvious by watching the firer).

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

11. It's Army Code 71158 for the coaching aide-memoire. I'll try to attach an image:

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1