• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Position , hold, grip etc, and results on your grouping.

There used to be the pamphlet for the SLR that showed what you were doing wrong when, for example, your grouping shots went bottom left to top right, ie not holding the pistol grip tightly enough.

Does anyone know where I can get the same information for a regular rifle, ie. Without the pistol grip.

Cheers
Gadge

There used to be the pamphlet for the SLR that showed what you were doing wrong when, for example, your grouping shots went bottom left to top right, ie not holding the pistol grip tightly enough.

Does anyone know where I can get the same information for a regular rifle, ie. Without the pistol grip.

Cheers
Gadge
I think it was called a 'Coaching Guide' and was a cardboard fold out.

I guarantee that at least 1 ARRSER will have one tucked away inside his Sect Comds Aide Memoir (Remember them?) and moldering in his loft.

That's interesting, when I did the coaching bit of SCBC Phase 1 it only involved watching the shooter as he fired rather than interpreting the position of the group on the target. If there were no blatently obvious faults with technique and the grouping was consistent, then you'd merely adjust the sights until the centre of the group coincided with the POA.

Sorry it has taken so long to get back to you all on this.

ACAB. Link does not work.

It is the kind of explanation that the diagram by Marty870 shows, (ie what your hands, / grip etc is doing wrong if you get the rounds in a diagonal line etc.)

Cheers
Gadge

That's interesting, when I did the coaching bit of SCBC Phase 1 it only involved watching the shooter as he fired rather than interpreting the position of the group on the target. If there were no blatently obvious faults with technique and the grouping was consistent, then you'd merely adjust the sights until the centre of the group coincided with the POA.
This would be used coaching grouing, zeroing and/or application practises.

Not sure how it works in the UK but we go up and have a look at the target when grouping/zeroing and you are able to point out mistakes such as breathing, hold etc (that wouldn't always be obvious by watching the firer).

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

That diagram is for pistol...
Also, its not 20 metres wide, I have met some lousy shots in my life... normally lasses who expect the bang from a 5.56 to be dangerous, not at this end. 7.62 would make them have babies even if they had not had sex for 10 months. Put them on lane 1 or lane 12, makes it easier for them to acquire the correct target. Secret is to get the grouping, then walk it onto the target, and the big secret is you get THEM to adjust their sights, so they are in charge, not the wizard behind them with the Bino's. Then, they will ask, "why did I miss"? and will sort themselves out accordingly, means I can move onto the next basket case that couldn't hit a barn door painted red.

Real bloody annoying thing is I love shooting, and spend all the range day teaching, must admit, hitting a Fig 11 at 300 in the standing unsupported, even for 5 rounds, gives me great pleasure.

Latest Threads