Posh lids

Discussion in 'Military Clothing & Boots' started by target_stop, Mar 29, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Morning my bitter friends.

Does anyone know where i can get peaked caps from?

I have a wedding in 3 months and the ever helpful QM's department said it will take longer than that to get a lid to fit my huge sward.

Tried Ebay and alot of surplus stores. There seems to be alot of RMP ones out there but i am after a all red Cavalry one.

Last one went AWOL(a bird with big tits wanted it) after our home coming parades.

2. Herbert Johnson or Patey should see you right- although their main business is officers' hats, so they might not be quite what you're looking for.

Good luck in your search

3. Perfect thanks mate. Although £178 is a little over my price range.

4. BAM cowboy joke.

I would suggest a hat for your lot, but i am not sure what museum to send it to.
  5. Samuel Bros Tailors in Deepcut or Du Bora's in the Shot?
  6. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

7. Thank you both Gentlemen but still no luck. I will have to delve deep into the interweb.

8. Could try this The Mess Dress

Or if not ring our Museum, they can give you the supplier of your Regiments hats number,seeing they supply our Regiment. Easy peasey
  9. Thats not a bad page actually. Something threw me though. It has the new Future Army Dress hats on there. They are all green. Does this mean all of us with weird and wonderful hats are going back to one colour?
  10. What does she wear on the other tit?
  11. Not me sadly!
  12. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

That's an officer's hat for use in Barrack Dress and other less formal occasions.
  13. What sized Heeed coverage you after? I shall see if there are any down the road when I'm back in off of leave.
  14. Thank you, 63/64 thats the problem. Here every hat is at the biggest a 59.