Posh Bogs

Discussion in 'Travel' started by eodmatt, Apr 2, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I think I can remember a thread somewhere on Arrse about horrible toilets. But I can't remember a thread about Posh Bogs. If it's been done before, apologies. If not, have you visited any good bogs worth easing springs in?

This one is the gents toilet in the Victoria Hotel, Chau Doc city, An Giang Province, Vietnam.

Attached Files:

2. Sadly I can't find any pics but can recommend the Waldorf Astoria in New York. Absolutely amazing. Well the ladies is, haven't tried the gents but imagine it would be equally amazing.

Can also recommend the public loos in Ephesus, cleanest I have ever seen, they sparkled. That was saying sth for Turkey in the early 80s :D
  3. Sympathetic_Reaction

Sympathetic_Reaction LE Book Reviewer

St James' Palace....even had a posh splash protector on the urinals for those with bad aim.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

The Radisson Edwardian in Leicester Square.
  5. C'mon guys (n gals) we need pictures :D
  6. Peninsula Hotel , Hong Kong . You can see the whole city from the toilets that belong to the the bar on the top floor, the urinals are conveniently placed so you can enjoy the city view while you take a leak.
  7. Somewhere in the dessert, rose
  8. Somewhere down south. It was most definitely a bog and by Benny standards, a portakabin is considered posh.

9. Well it isn't posh, but as it's all you had, it will do - and at least its a pic. :D
  10. To me a posh bog is somewhere the phantom shitter hasn't yet visited and at least one of the traps has a seat.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Dobbie's Garden Centre Shepton Mallet

• Like Like x 4
  12. That seems a good enough reason to piss on the floor. :)
  13. Browns Hotel, London: ladies loo has huge anteroom with a chaise longue.
    • Bullshit Bullshit x 1
  14. Beat me to it. The bar and restaurant are called Felix, and the bogs alone are worth the visit.

The lift going up there has a rippled wood interior - it's a bit like being inside a Cadbury's Flake.

I've always liked the bogs in Freemasons Hall in Great Queen Street.

BTW, isn't there a public loo somewhere with glass header tanks with goldfish in them? When you flush the water goes down but not enough to strand the fish.
  15. OK, not necessarily posh, but certainly unusual:

• Like Like x 1