Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Portsmouth News: RN Officer Makes History After Being Named Top Naval Student On Germany's Most Prestigious Course

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
Last edited:

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
All he has to do now is not get caught fiddling his expenses. Didier Lombard stylie.
There's one or two attaches caught every year fiddling expenses (or someone else's partner).

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
Aren't Naval Lawyers drawn from the Supply Branch?
I think it's a Naval Service weirdness - he certainly wasn't regarded as a loggie by any of the RN supply folks i know!

I think it's a Naval Service weirdness - he certainly wasn't regarded as a loggie by any of the RN supply folks i know!

David Steel was a Loggie/Pusser.

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
@Seadog , @Goatman

The David D*****n I remember was a seaman officer. I do recall a "Mog" connection with a cat nicknamed "Mogadon".......

If he want to school in leafy Hertfordshire, had a Geography master called Peter Green and featured in the production of Brecht's' Caucasian Chalk Circle' ? - that's the badger.

I had him down as Supply Branch rather than 'X'

If he want to school in leafy Hertfordshire, had a Geography master called Peter Green and featured in the production of Brecht's' Caucasian Chalk Circle' ? - that's the badger.

I had him down as Supply Branch rather than 'X'

Didn't know which school he attended, but I think the one remember joined the RN as seaman officer intending to fly with the Fleet Air Arm. He certainly commanded a frigate, and retired as a captain.

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
David Steel was a Loggie/Pusser.
Interesting - when I took him round a major depot in 2013 he told me he was a lawyer and had no logistic experience, something my boss, an actual RN loggie completely agreed with.

It’s almost like you have the RLC, ALC and the AGC in the same grouping. The point’s the same - it’s vanishingly rare to get above 2* as a logistician in all three Services but particularly so in your lot.

It’s almost like you have the RLC, ALC and the AGC in the same grouping.
Yup - but the RN isn't big enough to sustain three different branches.

Interestingly though, we've a fairly good strike rate of Loggies at 1*, across all 3 "streams".

Latest Threads