Reference Image Portsmouth Historic Dockyard - Light Craft

daz

LE
Blame @SPROCKET321 he asked for photos @_

Clocked the light craft as we boarded the boat trip..... sod knows how you get to them dockside :(

Portsmouth Historic Dockyard - Light Craft  (1).jpg

Portsmouth Historic Dockyard - Light Craft  (2).jpg

Portsmouth Historic Dockyard - Light Craft  (3).jpg

Portsmouth Historic Dockyard - Light Craft  (4).jpg

daz

LE
Portsmouth Historic Dockyard - Light Craft  (5).jpg

Portsmouth Historic Dockyard - Light Craft  (6).jpg

Portsmouth Historic Dockyard - Light Craft  (7).jpg

Portsmouth Historic Dockyard - Light Craft  (8).jpg

daz

LE
Portsmouth Historic Dockyard - Light Craft  (9).jpg

Portsmouth Historic Dockyard - Light Craft  (10).jpg

Portsmouth Historic Dockyard - Light Craft  (11).jpg

Portsmouth Historic Dockyard - Light Craft  (12).jpg

daz

LE
Portsmouth Historic Dockyard - Light Craft  (13).jpg

Portsmouth Historic Dockyard - Light Craft  (14).jpg

Portsmouth Historic Dockyard - Light Craft  (15).jpg

Portsmouth Historic Dockyard - Light Craft  (16).jpg

daz

LE
Portsmouth Historic Dockyard - Light Craft  (17).jpg

Portsmouth Historic Dockyard - Light Craft  (18).jpg

Portsmouth Historic Dockyard - Light Craft  (19).jpg

Portsmouth Historic Dockyard - Light Craft  (20).jpg

daz

LE
Portsmouth Historic Dockyard - Light Craft  (21).jpg

Portsmouth Historic Dockyard - Light Craft  (22).jpg

Portsmouth Historic Dockyard - Light Craft  (23).jpg

Portsmouth Historic Dockyard - Light Craft  (24).jpg

daz

LE
Portsmouth Historic Dockyard - Light Craft  (25).jpg

Portsmouth Historic Dockyard - Light Craft  (26).jpg

Portsmouth Historic Dockyard - Light Craft  (27).jpg

Portsmouth Historic Dockyard - Light Craft  (28).jpg

That’s next to south railway jetty- you’d have to access them through the working dockyard and go through the archway under semaphore tower.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

daz

LE
Good pics Daz.
Ta, quite a few of them were taken while we underway using the zoom function...which was interesting ;)
I think I spotted @SPROCKET321 working on one of the boats when we were underway, here he is

Portsmouth Historic Dockyard Boat Trip Part 1 (14).jpg

Working on this one to one scale model :)
Portsmouth Historic Dockyard Boat Trip Part 2 (8).jpg

daz

LE
That’s next to south railway jetty- you’d have to access them through the working dockyard and go through the archway under semaphore tower.

Ta for that, the tickets last for a year, so there'll be another trip in the offing :)

You’d need your MOD90 to access that part of the dockyard if they are on that jetty still.

daz

LE
You’d need your MOD90 to access that part of the dockyard if they are on that jetty still.

Bugger, do you think they'd accept one that was stamped RES 28 years ago and I still had hair??

Last edited:
Probably not. We don’t stamp them now.

Ta, quite a few of them were taken while we underway using the zoom function...which was interesting ;)
I think I spotted @SPROCKET321 working on one of the boats when we were underway, here he is

View attachment 424539

Working on this one to one scale model :)
View attachment 424541
Must admit, wouldn't mind a trip around the Solent on the MGB. MTB102 was/is based here in Lowestoft. I can't seem to find out if she still calls Lowestoft home.

Must admit, wouldn't mind a trip around the Solent on the MGB. MTB102 was/is based here in Lowestoft. I can't seem to find out if she still calls Lowestoft home.
HSL 102?

Ah, OK. You're talking about a different boat. MTB 102 seems to be in its shed on Oulton Broad (nominally Lowestoft) and the Trust has at least one display for next year listed on its website.

Last edited:
HSL 102?

Ah, OK. You're talking about a different boat. MTB 102 seems to be in its shed on Oulton Broad (nominally Lowestoft) and the Trust has at least one display for next year listed on its website.
When you drive over the bridge /lock gates separating Lake Lothing and Oulton Broad, when you look towards Lowestoft, just beyond the the rail bridge you could normally see the old lady, tied up at Newsans yard. But haven't seen her there, for around a year.
Short history of 102, she is a Dunkirk Small Ship, and was also at DDay where she flew an Admirals Flag after his Flag ship was hit.

HSL 102?

I'm pretty certain 102 is the one which was moored up on The Hamble near Swanwick Marina for years (missing when I went past last week). There is a very similar boat to the Motor Torpedo Boat in your pics used as a home in the River Adur, Shoreham by Sea.

I'm pretty certain 102 is the one which was moored up on The Hamble near Swanwick Marina for years (missing when I went past last week). There is a very similar boat to the Motor Torpedo Boat in your pics used as a home in the River Adur, Shoreham by Sea.
There was quite a few converted to house boats post WW2, there was a big Thornycroft at Woodbridge stuck in the tidal mud. Gone now I believe, like a lot of those wartime wooden boats.
If MTB102, has left Lowestoft (what would be a shame) as long as she stays in the water. Which she should as a piece of living history.
There's a boat at IWM Duxford, she's been out of the water far too long now. Sprocket will agree, once wooden vessels dry out, they deteriorate fairly rapidly.

Latest Threads