Portable Screen for Laptops

Discussion in 'Hardware - PCs, Consoles, Gadgets' started by Oyibo, Sep 16, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The title might sound rather daft - if you have a laptop, why a portable screen? I'll try to explain:

I travel a lot. I am studying for an MSc and have to reference a lot of documentation. The most efficient way to reference (IMO) is to have the paper on which one is working on one screen, and the reference material on another. So:

Does anyone know of a portable (powered by USB?) screen about the size of a laptop that can be used as a second screen?

Thanks in anticipation.
  2. DTC - that's a pretty damn good solution. Thanks.

I had been toying with the idea of an e-reader (and haven't entirely discounted it), but Doubleview would be perfect for the job.
  3. Google the Samsung Lapfit. It's not USB powered, but it's got USB connectivity (although you can also use VGA) & it's got 1920x1080 resolution.

edit: although may be a tad big for your needs :)
  4. thanks going to buy one of the samsungs, really good for my degree course awesome

5. I've just got one of these, and I love it. Decent picture - good enough for video or surfing. The touchscreen is easy to configure and works everything a mouse does. So I'm here, surfing on the main screen and watching a movie on the small screen. No loss of processor speed at all due to the inbuilt graphic card in the monitor. Easy to move windows from one screen to another. It would be good for gamers who want a map open at the same time as a play screen.

Recommended? Yes, at the moment it is.