Discussion in 'Seniors' started by G3Ops, Mar 21, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Um, sorry, I couldn't help there. I've never had a bottle of port keep any port in it long enough to re-cork it.
  2. i say 2 days if you use a a wine pump stopper, it pushes the air out and maintains an airtight seal.
    wine oxidises quickly, thats why it taste shite after a while.
  3. Especially vintage port even with a vacuvin wine pump it'll only last a 3-4days at its best, unlike LBV which 'll keep going for a few weeks... sorry to bear bad news
  4. Why would you need to re-cork it?
  5. Unless you decant it....

I find port keeps quite well in a decanter....
  6. You think you have got problems; I have a bottle of Cockburns 1955 vintage!

The sort of thing you open to celebrate shagging Keira Knightley....

It's so good, I will probably never open it
  7. It'll probably lose some character/flavour after being opened for more than a week but a good quality will last longer in a cool, dark place. However, if you're worried about it not keeping after you've opened it get some friends 'round to help you polish it off.

Somehow a friend received a bottle in Iraq. Tasted like mulled wine at that temperature and didn't last too long; very thirsty out there.
  8. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

:lol: :lol:

I am just holding the image of a naked Keira Knightley......................................................................................... :D
  9. was it a magazine?

did it do the necessary lol?
  10. Tell you what G3OPS, keep it re-corked for a couple of days then I test it every day after that and tell you when it tastes gash, that way you'll know for sure how long it lasts!
  11. The buggers would have to sprint round if it was an unopened bottle in my house!
  12. Don't forget to decant in through a fine linen cloth! (Although I find a coffee filter works much better).

Vintage always has plenty of sediment, if you don't filter its like drinking mud.
  13. nor indeed Keira Knightley.... :)