• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

PORT

i say 2 days if you use a a wine pump stopper, it pushes the air out and maintains an airtight seal.
wine oxidises quickly, thats why it taste shite after a while.

Especially vintage port even with a vacuvin wine pump it'll only last a 3-4days at its best, unlike LBV which 'll keep going for a few weeks... sorry to bear bad news

G3Ops said:
Just after a bit of advice.

Given a lovely bottle of 1987 Port this evening and would love to sample away.

Could anyone enlighten me as to how long it will keep once opened but re-corked? :?
Why would you need to re-cork it?

You think you have got problems; I have a bottle of Cockburns 1955 vintage!

The sort of thing you open to celebrate shagging Keira Knightley....

It's so good, I will probably never open it

It'll probably lose some character/flavour after being opened for more than a week but a good quality will last longer in a cool, dark place. However, if you're worried about it not keeping after you've opened it get some friends 'round to help you polish it off.

Somehow a friend received a bottle in Iraq. Tasted like mulled wine at that temperature and didn't last too long; very thirsty out there.

Ventress

LE
hellfyyr said:

:lol: :lol:

I am just holding the image of a naked Keira Knightley......................................................................................... :D

GasmaskWilf said:
However, if you're worried about it not keeping after you've opened it get some friends 'round to help you polish it off.
The buggers would have to sprint round if it was an unopened bottle in my house!

Don't forget to decant in through a fine linen cloth! (Although I find a coffee filter works much better).

Vintage always has plenty of sediment, if you don't filter its like drinking mud.

hellfyyr said:

nor indeed Keira Knightley.... :)

Latest Threads