Port Operator phase 2 training

Hi all,
As the title suggests I'm wondering about the port operator phase 2 training, as I am due at the ac in Lichfield on the 28th I was hoping that someone who has recently completed phase 2 could help me out with a bit of information about the training sort of what this entails, what I will learn and what sort of equipment etc I could be using, I apologise if this seems a bit of a stupid question but I have searched for quite some time and found nothing more than what's on the army website, unfortunately the lads at the afco have asked asked me to find more out about it all before I attend the ac.
Any help will be greatly appreciated, again I apologise if this seems a bit stupid.
Thank you all in advance.

Hi all,
As the title suggests I'm wondering about the port operator phase 2 training, as I am due at the ac in Lichfield on the 28th I was hoping that someone who has recently completed phase 2 could help me out with a bit of information about the training sort of what this entails, what I will learn and what sort of equipment etc I could be using, I apologise if this seems a bit of a stupid question but I have searched for quite some time and found nothing more than what's on the army website, unfortunately the lads at the afco have asked asked me to find more out about it all before I attend the ac.
Any help will be greatly appreciated, again I apologise if this seems a bit stupid.
Thank you all in advance.
17 PORT & MARITIME REGT RCT/RLC used to be known as 'SPORTS & PASTIMES' so dig out your dinghy sailing kit and sports kit etc.

Serious answer now; Look on facebook, the internet etc and there is loads of photos of the equipment the Port Operators use. There has recently been a number of major movements of kit to Eastern Europe, Port Operations in the Falklands ETC so there is a lot of info on current Ops in the public domain.

MortonSlumber

Old-Salt
Marchwood is a lovely place, lots of containers & kit painted green and a full working military train set.
A bit like hornby but less reliable, but good training opportunities and advancement within trades.
Learn all you can, do not turn down any course and enjoy the sea breeze.

Marchwood is a lovely place, lots of containers & kit painted green and a full working military train set.
A bit like hornby but less reliable, but good training opportunities and advancement within trades.
Train set operated by CIVI's. All MILITARY RAILWAYMEN (OPERATORS) now long gone.

17 PORT & MARITIME REGT RCT/RLC used to be known as 'SPORTS & PASTIMES' so dig out your dinghy sailing kit and sports kit etc.

Serious answer now; Look on facebook, the internet etc and there is loads of photos of the equipment the Port Operators use. There has recently been a number of major movements of kit to Eastern Europe, Port Operations in the Falklands ETC so there is a lot of info on current Ops in the public domain.
Thank you ever so much for your reply, also I'll bear the sports kit in mind ready for when we're all sat on the beach watching someone else do all the work lol ;)
Also I really appreciate your advice, I'll definitely have a look at all of this as originally I made the mistake of researching the history of the RLC and such, although that was the main info I was able to find at the time as there isn't a lot in regards to the phase 2 side of things unless you look at something more favourable like tankies.
Thank you again this is all greatly appreciated.

Thank you for this, I'm definitely ready for the life where almost everything is green lol.
I'm definitely hoping to get onto many courses during my time as it will help me on civvy street given i rotate back before retirement that is, the sea breeze definitely sounds appealing especially for the missis and kids but I'm ready for the hard work really.
Thank you again for your response all replies are highly appreciated.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C RLC 0
Saintnorthover RLC 2
A RLC 5

Latest Threads