Porridge (the Fletch one!)

RP578

LE
Book Reviewer
ubique66 said:
Just been watching the classic series and I wondered if anyone knows which medals Mr McKay has? Obviously I recognise one of them but the other 2?
The first medal ribbon is the General Service Medal 1918-64, the second is the Korea War Medal, sometimes referred to as the 'Queen's Korea War Medal' and the last is the UN Korea Medal.
The distinction between the last two was that the former was awarded by HMG and the latter by the UN. It was the last time (to this date anyway) when two medals were allowed to be worn for the same service. For example, servicemen serving in Afghanistan at the moment will be awarded an ISAF medal by NATO, but can only wear their OSM.

Thanx RP578 for a sensible answer to my dubious question
I didnt realise Norman Stanley Fletcher would spark a homoerotic debate.
Next, Bill and Ben, Puffs or MMF with Weed!

RP578

LE
Book Reviewer
Just watching the 1979 Porridge film and it seems that not content with wearing a 1918-62 GSM, Queen's & UN Korea medal in the series; Mr Mackay is now in possession of a 1939-45 Star, Defence Medal, War Medal and what appears to be a Silver Jubilee medal!

Hmmmmm .... curious.

Attachments

i think they bigged up for the big screen,Fulton voluteered for the RAF IN 41 but served in the Black Watch in India during WW2,therefore i dare say the actor would have had some of his own to PUT up.

Who started the thread up after 3 years ...THE BIG BOYS will all start fighting again and Jarrod will start bitch slapping........i hate violence

Maybe fridge_magnet will turn up! (last seen in Cookery, gibbering about his going-out kit)

I wasn't going to reply to this but oh well.
If I post anything shortly afterwards threaders follows me from behind, a stalker if you like.
It seems he/she/it has an unhealthy obsession with Homosexuality. I have a notion he/she/it is repressed or would just forget about it.
I'd love an unhealthy obsession with Homosexuality but my sex life is not like he portrays in fact it's almost non-existant so he can rest assured he doesn't need to keep awake at night thrashing his Bishop wondering what I'm up to believe me it won't be anything.
And what despite all the boasting,and bragging,what makes you think it's not the same for us "straight"folk vis-a-vis non existant?The female has a vast number of ways of making sure that your chances are almost nil,even when you've "paid the price".
Go on,boast/brag away,but you'll not admit it,will you?

From Wikiepedia - During the series Mackay regularly wore his army service ribbons on his uniform. During the run of the series he wore the 1939-1945 Star, the Defence Medal, and the War Medal 1939-1945 and by the time of the film this was expanded to a second row containing the General Service Medal 1918-1962, the Korea Medal, the UN Korea Medal, and lastly the Jubilee medal, 1977, which was awarded on the 25th anniversary of Elizabeth II's rule.

From Wikiepedia - During the series Mackay regularly wore his army service ribbons on his uniform. During the run of the series he wore the 1939-1945 Star, the Defence Medal, and the War Medal 1939-1945 and by the time of the film this was expanded to a second row containing the General Service Medal 1918-1962, the Korea Medal, the UN Korea Medal, and lastly the Jubilee medal, 1977, which was awarded on the 25th anniversary of Elizabeth II's rule.
Cheers Flash.

Robin: Holy National Defence Medal Batman... it must be Easter already as this thread has risen from the dead.

Batman: Tomorrow is indeed Good Friday young Robin but unfortunately, most of the cast of Porridge remain as dead as the proverbial Dodo.

Yes but, you're missing the important stuff. There are questions you have to answer on this thread:

1) Do like a throbbing meaty treat Popsicle?
2) Do you like adding the sauce to a badly packed kebab?
3) Or are you a new modern age millenial gender absent class C hermaphrodite transdermal or something or other
4) None of the above. You married a Doris so it's all over now anyway. You've DIY to do sunshine!

Thanks I haven't moved out of here since xmas 2010.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
BratMedic The NAAFI Bar 130
bill4725 The NAAFI Bar 120
billybongo Cookery 58