Porridge Rugby Flypast

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Twump, Mar 10, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Good to see Crab Air Jock Div getting priorities right by doing a flypast at Murrayfield (must have cost something) having refused to stump up for tea and stickies at that guy's funeral.

Think of the overtime costs for flying at the weekend!!
  2. ....And your point is??
  3. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

Eh? It wasn't RAF Leuchars that didn't meet the full funeral costs (in another thread) it was the MoD.

Your point is specious. Jock based jets fly over Scottish stadium shocker?
  4. Oops sorry! Didn't know I had to make a point, specious or otherwise. I'll try harder from now on.
  5. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

Well do elucidate the purpose of your post then if you weren't looking to make a point?

From what I can see:

1. It's a scandal that funeral costs were not met
    2. What a lack of priorities
    3. What a waste of money

seem to be the main themes but I do await some clarification.
  6. Yes, that was it. Thanks.
  7. So you did have a point?

Or not?

I'm confused.

You'll be wanting to ban the Red Arrows next.

It's your type that Bliar and the rest of his Nazis love.
  8. Well yes I did really. My point is that there are sometimes skewed views of priorities. Aircraft are expensive to crew, maintain and fly and sometimes I get a little brassed off at the penny-pinching that goes on within the MOD (Centre, HQs and single services), when there are more deserving recipients of tax-payers' money.

Sometimes, when trying to get resources (and I spent 2 tours trying to get resources allocated in a joint and single service environment) it gets frustrating trying to find cash which is being squandered elsewhere.

That was all really, just an opinion voiced. Doesn't matter to me where the flypast is, to me its wasteful.

And please don't associate me with Bliar. Not nice.
  9. Twump rhymes with c.....

If you're going to start going on about a waster of taxpayers money, why don't you begin to consider the following.

The NHS and the massive amount of money that it wastes every year.
    Social Welfare and the amount wasted on scroungers and the bone idle.

It's people like you that caused the likes of the Royal Tournament to be scrapped....
  10. It's a sad day when we, Great Britain, can't chuck a couple of cabs up for a fly past without the likes of Mr Twump, Digruntled of East Soddington on the Wold complaining.

One would hope you would understand that a 30 minute flypast wouldn't stop operational assets being allocated. It don't work like that lofty.

Are you the sort that complains that all the fun has gone out of the Armed Forces nowadays?
  11. Twump rhymes with what? Its not my real name you know.

Never mind I'll get back in my box. Saves effort lofty.
  12. No, please expand. Thats what this site is about. Sensible discussion or total war fighting benile banter. Its usually difficult to differentiate the two. ;)
  13. What is it that grips you. The fact that they did a fly past at the Scotland v Ireland game, or the fact that they did not fly past at a funeral?

And not a drop of porrdige was harmed during the fly past so you will all be relieved at that!
  14. I thought it was quite a sneaky move having a fly past, gave everyone something to talk about, and less time to focus on the fact that Scotland played like a bunch of big girls.