Porn bill for couple who cant download

#1
Just an idle moment....

Saturday 29 November 2008 00:06 - UTV
Porn bill for couple who can't download

A Hertfordshire couple in their 60s were horrified to receive a letter last week from a London firm of lawyers accusing them of dowloading a hardcore gay porn movie. It demanded they pay £503 for "copyright infringement" or face a high court action. The 20-page "pre-settlement letter" from lawyers Davenport Lyons, acting on behalf of German pornogaphers, insisted they pay £503 to their clients for the 115 minute film Army ******* which features "Gestapo" officers and "Czech" farmers.

The bewildered couple contacted Guardian Money. "We were offended by the title of the film. We don't do porn - straight or gay - and we can't do downloads. We have to ask our son even to do an iTunes purchase."
Hmmm. I'm no detective, but....
 
#2
Whiskybreath said:
Just an idle moment....

Saturday 29 November 2008 00:06 - UTV
Porn bill for couple who can't download

A Hertfordshire couple in their 60s were horrified to receive a letter last week from a London firm of lawyers accusing them of dowloading a hardcore gay porn movie. It demanded they pay £503 for "copyright infringement" or face a high court action. The 20-page "pre-settlement letter" from lawyers Davenport Lyons, acting on behalf of German pornogaphers, insisted they pay £503 to their clients for the 115 minute film Army ******* which features "Gestapo" officers and "Czech" farmers.

The bewildered couple contacted Guardian Money. "We were offended by the title of the film. We don't do porn - straight or gay - and we can't do downloads. We have to ask our son even to do an iTunes purchase."
Hmmm. I'm no detective, but....
i agree the son looks like hes been playing while gramps and granny are out :D
 
#3
Whiskybreath said:
Just an idle moment....

Saturday 29 November 2008 00:06 - UTV
Porn bill for couple who can't download

....
The bewildered couple contacted Guardian Money. "We were offended by the title of the film. We don't do porn - straight or gay - and we can't do downloads. We have to ask our son even to do an iTunes purchase."
Hmmm. I'm no detective, but....
I take it the piece I put in bold is whom you believe to be the prime suspect?
 

chimera

LE
Moderator
#5
Pile of used Kleenex beside the keyboard....???
 
#6
Haha brilliant. I think the old people are lying and trying to blame it on their poor, innocent son. Lock the b@stards up i say!!
 
#8
Methinks Grandpa looks a bit shifty...
 
#9
smartascarrots said:
Methinks Grandpa looks a bit shifty...
Was he at Colditz?
 
#10
source said:
A large number of people have received this letter, provoking a massive outcry on web forums such as slyck.com and torrentfreak which estimate 25,000 of these letters have been sent out. If all the recipients paid up, it would net £12.5m - more than almost any porn film has made.
Isn't this just a little bit similar to the scam in Lock, Stock.....? How many people would take it to court if they were going to be named in a case about gay porn?

If so it's a great scam and I want a fiver from each of you for downloading my groundbreaking bongo "Small Boys **** Farmyard III, Return Of The Carthorse"

Pay up or I'll see you in court
 
#11
codename1157 said:
source said:
A large number of people have received this letter, provoking a massive outcry on web forums such as slyck.com and torrentfreak which estimate 25,000 of these letters have been sent out. If all the recipients paid up, it would net £12.5m - more than almost any porn film has made.
Isn't this just a little bit similar to the scam in Lock, Stock.....? How many people would take it to court if they were going to be named in a case about gay porn?

If so it's a great scam and I want a fiver from each of you for downloading my groundbreaking bongo "Small Boys **** Farmyard III, Return Of The Carthorse"

Pay up or I'll see you in court
Who are you gary glitter? surely the foot would be on the other shoe with that one!
 
#12
Flashman07 said:
Haha brilliant. I think the old people are lying and trying to blame it on their poor, innocent son. Lock the b@stards up i say!!
If the son's a grown up male living with his parents then I'd say it sounds dodgy
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top