Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Porkers Refused NHS Treatment Unless...

Is the NHS right to discriminate against fatties?

• Yes - the fat ******* should lose some weight

Votes: 57 79.2%
  • No - It's discriminatory and I like the Blairs

Votes: 5 6.9%
  • WTF are you doing reading the Daily Wail?

Votes: 10 13.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
...and the number of times you can repeat a procedure. I think the maximum is three.
Interesting. Been working with Tr&Orth gang for twenty years, but not heard that one mentioned before. Must depend on the procedure...and how much of the original human is still there.

Is there any suggestion that you wouldn’t be considered for a knee replacement?
They'd need to find the originals to replace first.

Anyone got the grid references?

Daz

LE

Sabretooth

War Hero
But everyone else thinks you're a cunt
We'll it certain being a washing machine you don't have a BLM... You have an activator with irreplaceable fins and a being made of Shit. You should have been scrapped and melted down years ago, but you're last Co found he needed someone to trample his grapes!

A somewhat chubby friend had severely shägged knees, her consultant wouldn’t consider her unless she lost some weight.
”how much?”
”a significant amount”
a stone later...
“nope”
8 1/2 stone later, reports for interview wearing her ‘slimmer of the year’ sash...
”yep”
Magically, slots in his schedule appear and surgery happens.

Doctors aren’t fools, they’ll look at you and suss you straight away. Play the game, win prizes.

Mattb

LE
We'll it certain being a washing machine you don't have a BLM... You have an activator with irreplaceable fins and a being made of Shit. You should have been scrapped and melted down years ago, but you're last Co found he needed someone to trample his grapes!
Send key setting, over.

Daz

LE

Daz

LE
Yes, but normally I can at least understand his bellendery.
Well, there is a song about him that's easier to understand

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
Interesting. Been working with Tr&Orth gang for twenty years, but not heard that one mentioned before. Must depend on the procedure...and how much of the original human is still there.
I'd be interested on a perspective, then. That's what he told me, as I was interested in how long the implant might last. As I say, he's a big lad.

I'd be interested on a perspective, then. That's what he told me, as I was interested in how long the implant might last. As I say, he's a big lad.
I’ll ask for you. Just because I haven’t heard mention doesn’t mean it ain’t so.

But they are a notoriously headstrong bunch. There is an old (and somewhat unfunny) joke that goes something like ‘an orthopaedic surgeon is a medical practitioner who changes a procedure halfway through doing it for the first time’. It only seems to make theatre nurses laugh.

And then weep.

Yokel

LE
Official NHS advice:

thumb_whos-that-gut-lord-marching-you-should-cut-down-on-47453087.png

From HM Government.

Herself got sued by a fatty back in 2009 for telling him that he couldn't be operated on until he lost a load of weight. He was having breathing issues due to lung damage from obesity.

Fatty complained that herself was discriminating against him because he was overweight and that he could die because of it. This was after herself explained to him the very good chance of him dying on the operating table and why and how it could happen.

The jury ruled in favour of herself and fatty got landed with all the costs. It used to cost herself a fairly large amount of money every year for insurance against twats like fatty bringing law suits when they don't hear what they want to hear and think the Doctor is just being so unfair to them.

syrup

LE
Herself got sued by a fatty back in 2009 for telling him that he couldn't be operated on until he lost a load of weight. He was having breathing issues due to lung damage from obesity.

Fatty complained that herself was discriminating against him because he was overweight and that he could die because of it. This was after herself explained to him the very good chance of him dying on the operating table and why and how it could happen.

The jury ruled in favour of herself and fatty got landed with all the costs. It used to cost herself a fairly large amount of money every year for insurance against twats like fatty bringing law suits when they don't hear what they want to hear and think the Doctor is just being so unfair to them.

One of the lads got knocked off his motor bike in 94 on Camp.
He was a big unit but not Obese
The M.O. ordered him onto a diet and he was made to report to the Med Centre every week to be weighed.
Was threatened with Headley Court and a proper programme if he didn't stick to it

Chef

LE
The jury ruled in favour of herself and fatty got landed with all the costs. It used to cost herself a fairly large amount of money every year for insurance against twats like fatty bringing law suits when they don't hear what they want to hear and think the Doctor is just being so unfair to them. Edited for brevity.
One of Mrs Chef's uncles was a surgeon in New York a while back. I hadn't realised how prevalent medical law suits were in the US until I heard him and his missus discussing how many were outstanding, eleven and they didn't seem unduly concerned about it. (He was a very good surgeon)

One reason, I believe, why obstetrics are undermanned, too many things can naturally go wrong.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
One of the lads got knocked off his motor bike in 94 on Camp.
He was a big unit but not Obese
The M.O. ordered him onto a diet and he was made to report to the Med Centre every week to be weighed.
Was threatened with Headley Court and a proper programme if he didn't stick to it
‘Threatened’. Love it. Headley was no picnic but by god they were good.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer

But he couldn’t die because of his life choices?

Good result.

DAS

War Hero
Our Linac couches have a 250Kg limit. We have platform scales to measure upto 300kg. Sad but some people don't get treated.

Latest Threads