Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Porkers Refused NHS Treatment Unless...

Is the NHS right to discriminate against fatties?

• Yes - the fat ******* should lose some weight

Votes: 57 79.2%
  • No - It's discriminatory and I like the Blairs

Votes: 5 6.9%
  • WTF are you doing reading the Daily Wail?

Votes: 10 13.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yep, and many blokes in the forces do... because we know a little about the subject.

What if you were last doing PT at a school with no playing fields? Or a school that didn't allow the kids to run outside of the grounds? I remember my school had a cross country route tht was off site, but I haven't seen kids run the route for a while (admittedly I don't live in thearea).

We have to remember that a lot of the civpop don't have the same mindset or training/experience as us. Fear of the unknown and all that. You wont find many people who'll just pull of a pair of trainers and go for a run if they don't know much about it.

A running club or group provides assistance, experience, advice and all that good stuff that even a good trainer shop can't provide.... ditto for other types of groups.

Man is indeed a social beast.

As for all this pish about 'accidentally' getting fat. PTIs the Army over and others may give you the impression that to be fat is a choice and just a product of being lazy... it is not.

Some people react to stress in their lives by controlling what they eat, some exclude food and get thin (anorexics and bulemics) others go the other way.

Why do you think people eat 6 Pizzas a day? Routine and control of factors that they can do something about... or is it just because they choose to?

If you want to see why we should be getting a grip of these people, watch Big Body Squad on Ch5 tonight, you will spend an hour shouting at the TV and just wondering about the cost of keeping these people.

If you want to see why we should be getting a grip of these people, watch Big Body Squad on Ch5 tonight, you will spend an hour shouting at the TV and just wondering about the cost of keeping these people.

The ones that are bedridden through stuffing their gobs piss me off the most...they can't get out of their pit to get food but some daft fucker is still throwing food at them. One I saw a while back was consuming over 7000 cals a day.

Mattb

LE
IMO this is one of the few cases where the government's default response to an issue - ta it - actually makes sense.

If there's not enough money to pay for all of the fatties, then tax chips and cake. The more you eat, the fatter you're likely to be and the chance of needing fat-based help on the NHS is higher.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Unless it is emergency surgery, no-one who is morbidly obese should be operated on. If they peg it on the op table whose fault is that? Porkers and smokers are a drop in the ocean in NHS costs compared to health tourism

Precisely, get the bloody health tourists to [pay up and the NHS might be able to do a bit more, but make them pay up first cos they'll only do a runner afterwards.

I'd rather pull my toe nails out than watch something like that... no idea what it is. But it sounds pish.

As Nurse Ratched said... I can't beleive people feed the bed ridden obese.

The Murse

Clanker
Fat people are more at risk of complications in surgical procedures. A lot of surgery is now done as day case where the patient is discharged within 23 hours partly because there aren't enough beds to cover elective procedures. Fatties will often be turned down for day surgery as they are too risky and may have a long wait to get it done. Its not discrimination it's safe care. It would be wrong to do unsafe surgery or surgery without adequate post op care.

Fat people need to be told it straight: Healthy diet and plenty of regular phys. Its not hard and they can have there op when they have done what needs to be done.

Are all those fat burning magic pills and potions just balls though? Says he looking at that slight toned middle aged live mound.

Doing it with a finger or two,eyes scrunched a bit near the screen, trying to make sure I don't make a mess or mistake in the process.

Are all those fat burning magic pills and potions just balls though? Says he looking at that slight toned middle aged live mound.

They will work up to a point. The most commonly prescribed one stops the body from absorbing fat, with very unpleasant side effects. If you eat fatty foods, you end up running to the loo shortly afterwards and shitting out something very slimely and offensive. The theory is that you will get so sick of shitting yourself and stinking up the place, you'll stop or at least cut down on eating fatty foods. Or you just won't care, will continue to eat the fatty foods and stink up the place. Initially you'll lose weight but eventually your body adjusts and you'll be back to square one.

Gastric bands/stomach stapling etc have a similar story. I knew someone (ironically a nurse) morbidly obese, was told if she didn't lose weight she'd die. She had to lose 5 stone by herself before they would do the gastric band surgery (to show she had the willpower to stick to the diet you have to have after the surgery). She bought the magic diet pills off the internet, lost 5 stone and had the surgery. Post-surgery she lost another 3 stone within a month, but was soon caught smashing crisps up into a pulp in order to eat them and two years later she's fatter than she was in the beginning.

Similar to stopping smoking/giving up drugs, if you don't really want to lose the weight, it ain't gonna happen.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I favour wiring the jaw shut and sewing hands together

Wiring jaws together has long been abandoned as a technique, not that it was ever really successful or given a long trial. Chocolate can just be slipped into cheek and allowed to melt.

Maybe I need those shitting pills for a clear out and tone up!

Doing it with a finger or two,eyes scrunched a bit near the screen, trying to make sure I don't make a mess or mistake in the process.

Maybe I need those shitting pills for a clear out and tone up!

Just leave some raw chicken out for a day or two before cooking it, that'll do the trick.

:) might make the clean output maybe not the fragrant odours!

Short of locking them up and starving them what can be done?

Provide them with a free train journey and custom-built shower facilities.

Wiring jaws together has long been abandoned as a technique, not that it was ever really successful or given a long trial. Chocolate can just be slipped into cheek and allowed to melt.

Having worked with eating disorderedpeople I know the deviousness. Could always staple the lips together

Fat camps..

wth sniffer dogs looking for food instead of drugs.

Latest Threads