Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Porkers Refused NHS Treatment Unless...

Is the NHS right to discriminate against fatties?

• Yes - the fat ******* should lose some weight

Votes: 57 79.2%
  • No - It's discriminatory and I like the Blairs

Votes: 5 6.9%
  • WTF are you doing reading the Daily Wail?

Votes: 10 13.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
People need to be told, look after yourself or face the consequences.
What consequences?

And who is going to make that decision?

Currently doctors already make decisions based on medical reasons, who is going to make the non-medical decisions that your 'consequences' seem to require?

Why do you need fitness clubs, I live in the middle of no where but still mange to get out on the pushbike, or run even in the middle of winter. It is fuck all to do with facilities and a lot to do with attitude. People need to be told, look after yourself or face the consequences.

Even walking would be a start and if you don't want todo that then get a wii fit thingamybob or the latest celebrity fitness DVD twaddle. You don't need to have a gym on your doorstep to get fit.

As a lard arse myself, I reckon it's not a bad plan. The timing needs some work though. How about benefits being dependant on BMI within certain limits? By the time fatty is rolled into A&E it's usually too late. Might be worth substituting vouchers for fresh veg for part of the dole handed over.

I'm facing a couple of months of fried salads and noodles, punctuated by the occasional arse welding rat pack. Cunning plan is fat burning kit from sports nutritionist, apple cider vinegar capsules for the guts, and more exercise to burn off the fried lettuce.

What consequences?

And who is going to make that decision?

Currently doctors already make decisions based on medical reasons, who is going to make the non-medical decisions that your 'consequences' seem to require?

The consequence is that you are to fat to be treated effectively. This isn't aimed at those that are a stone or 2 overweight it is the Morbidly Obese people who despite the fact that they can't get to the fridge seem to pile on the pounds. Now this is the fault of the carers who continue to feed these people compounding the problem and causing yet more issues for the NHS to deal with. People who are Morbidly obese should be made to lose weight.

mph1977

War Hero
The consequence is that you are to fat to be treated effectively. This isn't aimed at those that are a stone or 2 overweight it is the Morbidly Obese people who despite the fact that they can't get to the fridge seem to pile on the pounds. Now this is the fault of the carers who continue to feed these people compounding the problem and causing yet more issues for the NHS to deal with. People who are Morbidly obese should be made to lose weight.

Orthopods and vascular surgeons have been sending the porkers away for years with a letter back to the referring GP to re-refer them if they are still symptomatic after dumping that sack of spuds they are carrying round 24/7/365 ...

the gas passers really don't like anaesthetising the obsee they are a higher risk and it;s hard to dose drugs properly , never mind those who are so fat it;s a struggle to get the tube past their jowls ...

It's not just the chubbies being targeted tho' is it? The chimneys are also included, in fact anyone with a life-style not fitting their criteria.

When they've sorted them out [or not] whichever the case they will start to focus on red meat eaters, participants of dangerous sports, D.I.Y enthusiasts et al. They've got to cut the NHS budget in non-critical areas such as providing health care so they can pay the wages of all the administrators.

Don't forget all the managers, directors, auditors and other similar wastes of O2

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
Don't know about other areas but we have an excercise referral scheme, they can use the gym free for six months or any other class in the leisure centre including swimming baths.

There is so much on offer in our area. If you don't have much money or hate gyms, go for a walk. We are surrounded by miles of woodland. All this talk of porkers is making me hungry....

Sheepay

War Hero
Compare this with a working class mother who puts in long hours in a sedentary job and then has to take care of five practically fatherless kids, as hubby never does a hands turn and is always off in the gym staring at his saddo roid fueled pecs. There are folk who simply has no time for narcissistic body maintenance and get a bit porky.

And it is mostly women the nanny state white coats would deny care to. Great, they then go on yet another crash diet which is a pattern of behavior closely related to serious heart disease as is being underweight and female.

Which begs the question that features as a regular debate topic where I am, on a course split male and female. Is the right to raise a family really a right, or should be monitored? Not having any kids myself, and never wanting any, I have a very strong belief that a couple should have to apply for the right to raise a family.

Not everyone is capable of raising children properly, for many reasons. If you cannot afford to raise a child on your income, you don't have a kid. If you're a fat fucker, you haven't got your own house in order, so no kid for you.

It is very, very simple. IF you have a sedentary job/lifestyle then you don't need to take in as many calories to support your activities. If you're getting fat then it's because you're fecking greedy.

A bit off topic, perhaps, but it's the NAAFI.

Back on topic, I still haven't been convinced that this comparison of sporting injuries to tubbies is a fair one. Accidents happen, I play Rugby. I've not had any major injuries doing so, but true, I could choose to play Tennis. The likelihood of injury is certainly smaller, but then I did suffer a double fracture in my ankle simply through going out for a run.

Accidents happen, that's life, but getting fat is not an accident. I do not think that the obese should be denied medical treatment, but I do think that they should show some commitment to getting the weight off before being given a knee replacement, which will wear out quicker due to the excess weight being placed upon it.

As for IVF, it links in to the above. If you're a fat fuck you're a poor role model and shouldn't be allowed to raise a child.

As for the comparison between fatties and sports injuries, there are quite a lot of people who get hooked on the dopamine/endorphines/adrenaline etc etc that taking part in sports brings with it. Would you refuse a jogger a knee replacement unless he gave up running? All that excess running will wear it out a lot quicker you see.

thing is if your massivly overweight.
anathestic becomes that much harder.
everything becomes that much harder to do for you.
either start making fatties lose weight.
or put nursing staff on a course of bulgarian issue steroids and intensive weight training.

I ve been with many a nurse who could have been on the Bulgarian issue steroids!! not too many slim ones!!

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Are you surprised with all twats we have to go with?

And in other news, site members were posting in English.

Apart from gender-confused sock puppets of course.

Chef

LE
The operations should be handed out freely, seeing as the fat and others whose lifestyles you don't like also pay taxes.

'Good morning Mr Creosote, we will operate this very morning! Barry the apprentice saw bones is looking forward to his first gastric band, also Phil the work experience gas passer is keen to get his head round dosages for the morbidly obese, third time lucky ay?
Anyhoo, lets get you prepped up, you are aware that you have a higher then average chance of snuffing it on the table? Good. So we'll be ready in half an hour. Or if you like we could delay it for six months and you could try these diet sheets before your return, this is a once only offer. You'll take the diet? Righto, see you in September.'

Win win situation, patients to practice on, and others thinning out.

On a serious note a friend had knee pains and was scheduled for an op, lost weight while waiting and the pain went and didn't come back, go figure.

Why do you need fitness clubs, I live in the middle of no where but still mange to get out on the pushbike, or run even in the middle of winter. It is fuck all to do with facilities and a lot to do with attitude. People need to be told, look after yourself or face the consequences.

Yep, and many blokes in the forces do... because we know a little about the subject.

What if you were last doing PT at a school with no playing fields? Or a school that didn't allow the kids to run outside of the grounds? I remember my school had a cross country route tht was off site, but I haven't seen kids run the route for a while (admittedly I don't live in thearea).

We have to remember that a lot of the civpop don't have the same mindset or training/experience as us. Fear of the unknown and all that. You wont find many people who'll just pull of a pair of trainers and go for a run if they don't know much about it.

A running club or group provides assistance, experience, advice and all that good stuff that even a good trainer shop can't provide.... ditto for other types of groups.

Man is indeed a social beast.

As for all this pish about 'accidentally' getting fat. PTIs the Army over and others may give you the impression that to be fat is a choice and just a product of being lazy... it is not.

Some people react to stress in their lives by controlling what they eat, some exclude food and get thin (anorexics and bulemics) others go the other way.

Why do you think people eat 6 Pizzas a day? Routine and control of factors that they can do something about... or is it just because they choose to?

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Is HB lurking in the background on this one?
Remember it took a few pages before he unleashed his renowned wit on the poor
unsuspecting smokers, you have been warned!

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Yep, and many blokes in the forces do... because we know a little about the subject.

What if you were last doing PT at a school with no playing fields? Or a school that didn't allow the kids to run outside of the grounds? I remember my school had a cross country route tht was off site, but I haven't seen kids run the route for a while (admittedly I don't live in thearea).

We have to remember that a lot of the civpop don't have the same mindset or training/experience as us. Fear of the unknown and all that. You wont find many people who'll just pull of a pair of trainers and go for a run if they don't know much about it.

A running club or group provides assistance, experience, advice and all that good stuff that even a good trainer shop can't provide.... ditto for other types of groups.

Man is indeed a social beast.

As for all this pish about 'accidentally' getting fat. PTIs the Army over and others may give you the impression that to be fat is a choice and just a product of being lazy... it is not.

Some people react to stress in their lives by controlling what they eat, some exclude food and get thin (anorexics and bulemics) others go the other way.

Why do you think people eat 6 Pizzas a day? Routine and control of factors that they can do something about... or is it just because they choose to?

But it's about a risk assessment, assessing the risk of operating on an patient with an overly high BMI against the benefits of the operation.
There is a far higher risk with a general for a High BMI. Plus you have to physically move them in theatre, which can be a bugger as well as having equipment that will take them safely

Defer where possible until weight loss acheived

Latest Threads