Pork pie competition

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by brasso, May 11, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. A home made Pork Pie competition will be held at the Marquis of Granby in Granby Notts at 1500 8JUN2013. The competition aims to raise money for BLESMA so if you live in the area get baking you own pork pie and enter it into the competition £1.50 per entry. Cheats who enter a shop bought pie will be fined £5 though we will eat it after the judging has finished! Pick up your entry form in the pub ( Marquis of Granby, Granby, Nottinghamshire, NG13 9PN )Follow on Twitter at #porkpietruth Hope to see you there.
    Cheers,
    Brasso

2. Yesterday's competition at the Marquis of Granby raised £808.78 for BLESMA we are all very chuffed. Thanks to the ex servicemen from the Royal Green Jackets and the Royal Artillery and a serving member of the RAF.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  3. £808.78 was deemed to be an odd number so £1.22 to make it £810 then another tenner so now its £820 and I think thats the final sum.

• Like Like x 2
  4. I am a Pork Pie connoisseur, especially on Melton Pork Pies. Can I be a Judge next time?

5. Looks like a good turn-out - well done!

6. You may lose out to Barack OBama who is also a pork pie expert along with the Coalition government! I suggest that you bake one and enter it next year.
    Note Her Majesty pitched up - good to see.
    Brasso

7. Nom nom nom.........do they need help eating all those pies do you think......only my dog was asking like?

8. Oh dear, alcohol in the picture,unionflags all over the gaff and I suspect those pork pies are not Halal......!!!

[​IMG]

......I shall, of course, have to report this vile outrage to the director of public persecutions!

• Like Like x 3
  9. Mmmmm... pie.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Pork
    Pie
    Patriotism

You cant really go wrong!

• Like Like x 2
  11. The final amount raised went up to £820 after it was decided that 808.78 was a rough number. Large quantities of Stilton Cheese (Colston Bassett) and English beer was also consumed with the 35 pork pies after the winner had been picked. The Red Arrows failed to fly over despite being asked to and the weather was almost nice - all in all a bloody good show. Money will be shipped off to BLESMA tomorrow

Attached Files: