• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Popups

Legs

ADC
Book Reviewer
Several times this morning the site has thrown out popup ads when I've clicked a button on a page.

Noooooooooooooooo!!! Just when the Loud Shouty Ads(tm) issue seemed to have gone away. Are these advertising companies deliberately trying to piss folk off?

What browser / OS are you using? I've been having scamming pop ups (blueads- mobirewards.org) for a while. From what I've been able to find out these are 'just' a scam and aren't any more damaging than being a pain in the neck. Turning off Java script seems to have stopped it. I'm using Safari on iOS 6.

Check that the option to stop pop-ups is enabled in IE 9,

Tools
Internet options
privacy tab
pop-up blocker - tick to enable ( then in pop-up blocker settings you can set the level of blocking the pop-ups)
Thanks for response .
It was enabled ... my route to change setttings seems to be
Tools
Pop up Blocker
Settings ... current setting Medium

The problem , which lasted for perhaps an hour yesterday , seems to have gone away .

Just got a popup when I clicked the last 50 link. It was an ad for a gam "Forge of empires".

The popup emerges in the background BTW, don't know if it means the problem is on my end... I'm using FF 15.01.

Latest Threads