Poppys on sale now!

Discussion in 'Charities and Welfare' started by FatBoyGeorge, Oct 12, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Bought my first poppy of the year on Fri whilst having a pint with Ugly in a West Sussex pub. I believe they are doing posh ones this year too; broches and pins.

Get off your arrses, track them down and wear it with pride. Bully, intimidate and belittle anyone who isn't.

It's the 90th anniversary of the Great War coming to an end too, make sure you're there to remember. If on facebook, click the link in my signature.
  2. blue-sophist

blue-sophist LE Good Egg (charities)

I have to mention that the Limited Edition GOLD-plated RAF ones [as per my avatar] are also on sale HERE

Proceeds to RBL(J), and surplus funds go to RBL(UK). Only 100 have been produced ... :wink:

UK Mainland addresses only, unless you deal by email.
  3. ... and a very nice pin/badge it is blue (I've already got one, and the commenorative coin which is also rather spiffing), I am ordering another for my son who has asked me to get one for him :)

...don't forget - you can also get a poppy for your mobile phone too:

Attached Files:

4. I see that Mr Pin also has a rather fetching poppy HERE

Attached Files:

5. Dont believe in forcing, bullying etc. if the F...wits dont want to wear let them standout as CNUTS.

Wear the POPPY with PRIDE not because you are forced to, lets see who the uncaring barstewards are and look down on them with the contempt they deserve.

Rant off!
  6. Please bear in mind that there is no minimum donation to buy a poppy...a bit like the service that those we are commemorating gave! :wink:
  7. blue-sophist

If ordering the Jersey Public Pin 2008, please note that his postal licence only covers Jersey and UK Addresses [and don't enter "Scotland" or "Wales" when ordering :wink: ]

Any problems with ordering either this or the RAF Pin above, contact sales@poppypins.org in the first instance, or if you are really stuck then send me a PM.
  8. Just received a message from Mr Pin, and my order is on it's way - Sir Blue please accept my thanks (and pass same on to Mr Pin) for expediting the order :D

P.S. Has you Sirship/boat/canoe/kayak/punt whatever come through yet?

Edited to add: I think the 1st poppy that I bought in 1995 was from a Tescos in Wokingham
  10. Received limited edition pin for my son - just in time to wear for poppy selling this afternoon, not only a posh envelope this time,but a posh receipt as well ;) Many thanks Sir Blue.

P.S. My son is CTF! :D
  11. blue-sophist

I do little, all credit goes to Mr Pin.
  12. blue-sophist

This morning, during her visit to the Jersey Poppy Depot, HRH The Princess Royal was presented with one of those by Mr Pin 8)

I had the honour, along with Mrs B_S, of being presented to HRH. I think HRH preferred the Pin. :lol:

Several of the Parish pins [limited edition of 100 for each of the 12 Parishes] have sold out.

Get your Public Pin whilst stocks last :wink:
  13. Alright, tried ordering one but it says that no shipping rates are available to my home address in Norfolk.

Any help?
  14. blue-sophist

Were you trying to order a Parish Pin? They are local sales only.
    The "Public Pin" should be capable of being ordered.
    Try again, and come back to me if that fails.
  15. Yep, the 2008 Public Pin from the link added above, I've ordered only 1. Tried again, tried a different address, tried first address again and it still says;