Poppy Watch

Found on Facebook . . . .

The "poster" comments that "This photo has been taken down twice now, share the hell out of it . . .".

Whatever the (supposed) politics of Facebook, others on ARRSE may appreciate the photo.

The poster is obviously an EDL style fuçkwit

Pob02

LE
Book Reviewer
The poster is obviously an EDL style fuçkwit
A little earlier this year with this style of nonsense post by our mouth-breathing xenophobic knuckle-dragging loons

I have just had the following email from my daughters school. I thought I would post it here to show that some schools do encourage respect and decency. Her school is known as one of the top non-contributory schools in the country, and it is all thanks to the excellent headmaster and teachers.

Dear Parents / Carers and students
Remembering the end of World War 1 – November 2018
As a school we are planning to commemorate the end of World War 1 that occurred on 11th
November 1918. You will be aware that the anniversary falls on a Sunday this year, so our
plan is to hold a short memorial service on Friday 9th November 2018 at 11am. At this
memorial the whole school will gather and students from the Sixth Form will read and explain
why we are holding this service, we will then play the last post and hold a 2 minute silence.
I am sure you will be aware of the significance of this event as we remember not only those
that fell during World War 1, but also those who have continued to sacrifice their lives for our
freedom which is so precious.
During the two weeks after half term, representatives from each year group will be visiting
their form groups in order to sell the poppies. It would be great to see the whole school wearing
poppies this year. We are also aiming to have blocks of oasis that will form a large cross,
students will be able to purchase an extra poppy and so form a symbol of our remembrance.
Please can I encourage you to be generous in giving your children money to buy these poppies,
however I would also like to emphasise that no amount is too little and all donations will be
gratefully received.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your support and all the contributions that
you will generously give.
Yours faithfully

Head of History

PicsArt_10-15-02.32.45.jpg

No cünts out remembering me.

Apparently a truck poppy is as big as it gets when I tried to order a Blue whale sized one.

WANT ONE!

Ostensibly, every poppy is identical but one in six will be different this time. They will have '1918-2018' printed in gold on the leaf attached to every stem.

The idea is to encourage people to take a closer interest in this sacred symbol.

Children will, of course, be particularly keen on the idea. There will be much poking around every tray in search of this one-off trophy poppy.

If it means people end up buying a few more than usual, all the better.

Even rarer than the 'gold leaf' poppy will be the 'khadi' poppy, made not from paper but from the same Indian linen worn by Mahatma Gandhi.

Around 40,000 of these have been produced, in honour of the 74,000 Indian Army troops who lost their lives in the service of the Crown in the Great War.

ROBERT HARDMAN: Royal British Legion is making Remembrance symbol more dazzlingly poignant than ever | Daily Mail Online

Just popped up on my FB feed. Looks like its cashing in on the poppy symbol. In the comments on FB there are numerous people asking how much they give to the RBL and the answer seems to vary.

ABOUT US

Looks like somebody cashing in to me. I think the designs are awful and the prices, "Was £199.90, now from £14.95
Poppy Pin Brooch Badges

Shocking

RP.

Just popped up on my FB feed. Looks like its cashing in on the poppy symbol. In the comments on FB there are numerous people asking how much they give to the RBL and the answer seems to vary.

ABOUT US

Looks like somebody cashing in to me. I think the designs are awful and the prices, "Was £199.90, now from £14.95
Poppy Pin Brooch Badges

Shocking

RP.

I prefer one of these my self

Poppy

I bet not much money made on this website ends up with RBL

Archie

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Im surprised the DUP haven’t started wearing theirs yet. Usually they’re superkeen
Give 'em chance, today is Poppy Launch Day.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
WANT ONE!

Ostensibly, every poppy is identical but one in six will be different this time. They will have '1918-2018' printed in gold on the leaf attached to every stem.

The idea is to encourage people to take a closer interest in this sacred symbol.

Children will, of course, be particularly keen on the idea. There will be much poking around every tray in search of this one-off trophy poppy.

If it means people end up buying a few more than usual, all the better.

Even rarer than the 'gold leaf' poppy will be the 'khadi' poppy, made not from paper but from the same Indian linen worn by Mahatma Gandhi.

Around 40,000 of these have been produced, in honour of the 74,000 Indian Army troops who lost their lives in the service of the Crown in the Great War.

ROBERT HARDMAN: Royal British Legion is making Remembrance symbol more dazzlingly poignant than ever | Daily Mail Online
Here is the Poppy that is being sold in Scotland

2685123856001_5786261156001_5786257830001-vs.jpg

They look great.

overopensights

ADC
Book Reviewer
I have just had the following email from my daughters school. I thought I would post it here to show that some schools do encourage respect and decency. Her school is known as one of the top non-contributory schools in the country, and it is all thanks to the excellent headmaster and teachers.

Dear Parents / Carers and students
Remembering the end of World War 1 – November 2018
As a school we are planning to commemorate the end of World War 1 that occurred on 11th
November 1918. You will be aware that the anniversary falls on a Sunday this year, so our
plan is to hold a short memorial service on Friday 9th November 2018 at 11am. At this
memorial the whole school will gather and students from the Sixth Form will read and explain
why we are holding this service, we will then play the last post and hold a 2 minute silence.
I am sure you will be aware of the significance of this event as we remember not only those
that fell during World War 1, but also those who have continued to sacrifice their lives for our
freedom which is so precious.
During the two weeks after half term, representatives from each year group will be visiting
their form groups in order to sell the poppies. It would be great to see the whole school wearing
poppies this year. We are also aiming to have blocks of oasis that will form a large cross,
students will be able to purchase an extra poppy and so form a symbol of our remembrance.
Please can I encourage you to be generous in giving your children money to buy these poppies,
however I would also like to emphasise that no amount is too little and all donations will be
gratefully received.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your support and all the contributions that
you will generously give.
Yours faithfully

Head of History
WHY WOULD CRASH FIND THIS POST 'FUNNY' unless it is a mistake perhaps he will explian?