Poppy Day launches today!

I shall refrain from wearing the ruby set poppy this year.

But seriously, this sort of drama is going to do for Poppy Day.

Guy is a attention whore, if he saw the work that goes on at grass roots level, with holidays for the kids, housing deposits stumped up, white goods, poppy factory, divvy street, car tax paid so people can look for work, pru, the list is endless. And I am sure people don't care if there is s kudos about wearing the poppy, as long as they pay for the privilege.
As I have said before, people in colchester and Essex get a great legion service, just wish there was more of them,

I saw a woman wearing one in Broad St, Oxford, midday
yesterday :roll:
Personal Opinion: I don't give a crap when people wear a poppy so long as they chuck the cash in the tin. I tend to stick to what I did as a serving soldier and wear one from 1st November till Remembrance Sunday .... but I don't care when people wear them otherwise.

Come to think of it, I don't care if they don't wear one .... Freedom of choice!

Hey bro's, but I give (on both sides of the pond) and I don't wear a poppy. It's a silent thing for me.
I was honored a few years ago when the veterans in my village asked me to walk with them on Remembrance day to lay the poppy wreaths at the war memorial in the center of the village, I wore my uniform and felt a brotherhood with the fellow soldiers. I still wear my Barret proudly as the uniform no longer fits properly.
I guess my point is "Why advertise you gave, just give as so many hero's are pushed aside."

Hey bro's, but I give (on both sides of the pond) and I don't wear a poppy. It's a silent thing for me.
I was honored a few years ago when the veterans in my village asked me to walk with them on Remembrance day to lay the poppy wreaths at the war memorial in the center of the village, I wore my uniform and felt a brotherhood with the fellow soldiers. I still wear my Barret proudly as the uniform no longer fits properly.
I guess my point is "Why advertise you gave, just give as so many hero's are pushed aside."
Well done trout.

Does your headdress have an effective range of 1800m or is it a 3 bedroom detached.

Do you still dream about being the door gunner in Full Metal Jacket ?

Git some...git some...come on ....ah ha....

Personal Opinion: I don't give a crap when people wear a poppy so long as they chuck the cash in the tin. I tend to stick to what I did as a serving soldier and wear one from 1st November till Remembrance Sunday .... but I don't care when people wear them otherwise.

Come to think of it, I don't care if they don't wear one .... Freedom of choice!
Bloody hell, with your reasonableness you are displaying a marked ignorance of the basic rules of poppy nazism.

Is it worth getting comfy for this one??? :)

I got one of those nice metal ones off e-bay. Lasts for years and saves a fortune unlike the shite paper ones the RBL sell.
What? You paid? I just get them off cars- they're both free and massive enough to shame anyone wearing an ordinary one. In fact just this morning an elderly gent wearing a regi tie and a chest full of medals looked at the magnificence of my poppy (which I'd wiped the road dirt off), and just shook his head with a sad expression: knew he was beaten.