Poppy Collection Thief given an ASBO.............

A week in Jail & a ASBO. Wonder what he'll get when he gets out.Oh,hang on with Time Served he's out!
You know what pees me off the most?When I left the RAF,I had to go onto the housing waiting list because I did'nt live in N.I for the last 7 years,even tho my home adress was here BUT if I smacked a cop & got jail time,no matter how small,I'd have been immidiatly eligable for a house!!!!
Fight for your country you get feck all but if you are a useless waste of skin,no job,steal a poppy box,mug a granny,ect,then it's;.."How can we help you?" :x

As far I as I am concerned, another farsical sentence illustrating the ridiculessness of the UK penal system.

Archer's solicitor said he welcomed the Asbo because it would help focus his mind on not committing such offences
Aye, right mate :evil:

stickybomb said:
TheIronDuke said:
He got an ASBO that prevents him from holding a charity tin? Well thank goodness for that. I feel so much safer.

This woman got a 6 year ASBO for hitting her brother with a stick of rhubarb.

Nice to see our taxes spent wisely, eh?
The BBC Hack said:
Porter admitted common assault at a hearing in November.
Had she twatted her sibling with asparagus could she have admitted sophisticated assault?
I'll get my coat...
:D

Scabster_Mooch said:
Its not all bad news though. IIRC, breach of an ASBO can get you thrown into jail for up to 5 years and a fine or both.

So if he commits another crime then the cops can charge him with two offences.

Of course, I expect he would still be out in a week should that happen...
ASBO 's and Tags are a waste of space. More Prisons and longer sentences andmake the boogers work. I regularly catch scum with tags on, and ASBO's They are not a deterance.

Attachments

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Off topic but what was the shoplifter's point in not showing his face ?
Already on a suspended sentence perhaps ?
Just how long did the genius reckon he'd be able to remain unrecognised ?

Cutaway said:
Off topic but what was the shoplifter's point in not showing his face ?
Already on a suspended sentence perhaps ?
Just how long did the genius reckon he'd be able to remain unrecognised ?
Christ knows what his theory was, He pulled his hood up as soon as he was stopped. Carried on even when told we had been watching him for 20 minutes on CCTV. It kept him quiet so we left him alone (while hoping he suffocated) He Eventually agreed to pose for his Mugshot

Provost I'm not Bald 8O it's just cut right down to the wood and the Batman Moneybox has a Hidden Mike inside :twisted:

Attachments

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Are you your station's version of Mick Belker ?

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
My apologies TT, no insult intended.

TheIronDuke

ADC
Book Reviewer
Can you nick someone for being spotty? The ugly twot should get some fresh air. By popping out of his Hoodie evey now and them.

ASBOs are a joke. I heard on Radio 4 this morning that 80% are violated. I'd violate the scumbags for fun.

theiftaker said:
Scabster_Mooch said:
Its not all bad news though. IIRC, breach of an ASBO can get you thrown into jail for up to 5 years and a fine or both.

So if he commits another crime then the cops can charge him with two offences.

Of course, I expect he would still be out in a week should that happen...
ASBO 's and Tags are a waste of space. More Prisons and longer sentences andmake the boogers work. I regularly catch scum with tags on, and ASBO's They are not a deterance.
It would be a deterrence if the ASBOs were enforced vigorously. Unfortuantely, it seems they are not?

This is Labour though - Pass all the legislation to last several life times but not enforce them.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
What is supposed to happen with the lowlifes who violate the ASBOs imposed ?
I had hoped that it was to be a term of imprisonment, but it seems that they are as ineffective as was predicted.

It was claimed that they would become a 'badge of street cred' that the scrotes would be proud of, but multiple violations seem to be what their aim.