Poppy appeal thief

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by foggy_balla, Feb 25, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Carcass,
    Cheers fella
  2. yes, when he was found out "when the matter was raise (i.e. when he was found out!) :pissedoff:
  3. Thieviing scumbag!
  4. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

The allegations follow a case that rocked the British Legion in Millisle last year, when devious thief Billy McAllister stole thousands from the Poppy Day appeal money.

McAlister (50), of Ballymacruise Drive, Millisle - who had a previous conviction for attempted murder - was given an 18-month suspended sentence when he appeared before Downpatrick Crown Court last November. ......

That's just down the road from me & I know of this bloke.Funilly enough,I got a letter from the PSNI last year as they were investigating Newtownards RBL for membership fraud.Wonder if the two are linked..
  5. It seems some take their vendettas very seriously.
  6. Isnt one of these the same bloke that stole his comrades medals and flogged them?

Why on earth hasnt this fella Hull been jailed, i know of a young guy working in a museum who 'borrowed' some exhibits on a weekend to show his girlfriend...takes allsorts to get a jump I suppose......he was discovered putting them back the following Monday, got the sack and was arrested for theft!!

surely this guy Hull did exactly the same thing, except I guess his original intention wasn't to put the money back!!

the theiving scumbag!!
  7. [nerd mode]"The Theft Act 1968 Section1 (1) states that a person is guilty of theft if: he dishonestly appropriates property belonging to another with the intention of permanently depriving the other of it."[/nerd mode]

I only know this as it was one of the questions I helped my brother revise when he was at Hendon, honest I'm not a total legal geek! :oops:

With this in mind, however, I don't know how that lad could have been arrested for theft when he was in the process of returning the items, but it will be the reason Stephen Hull wasn't arrested for theft. He's a disgusting little man though and I think he should be booted from the RBL for dishonour, if nothing else.
  8. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

That's why they call Millisle 'Sandy Row-on-Sea' I suppose.
  9. I never strayed beyond Donaghadee.

Too frightening, people had gardens front AND rear.