Poppy Appeal Launch.

#1
Today was the Somerset launch date . I had the honour of talking to and shaking the hand of the recent young VC holder. A memorable experience indeed. I found the room suddenly got a bit dusty as one of his huge hands grasped mine and the other hit my shoulder.
 
#2
rivetcounter said:
Today was the Somerset launch date . I had the honour of talking to and shaking the hand of the recent young VC holder. A memorable experience indeed.
So memorable that you didn't mention his name :?
 

CountryGal

MIA
Book Reviewer
#3
My son wants a fridge magnet poppy for his uncle petes pictures whose out in sandy places, are you selling those this year as I havent seen any and there arent any on the poppy website - hes too young for pins really

CG ;o)
 
#4
I think we all know his name. But perhaps persec doesnt come into it.

As for the fridge magnets, they are available from the RBL shop online , or perhaps he would like one of the new Wristbands that are available from the poppy sellers.
 

the_boy_syrup

LE
Book Reviewer
#5
Spanny said:
rivetcounter said:
Today was the Somerset launch date . I had the honour of talking to and shaking the hand of the recent young VC holder. A memorable experience indeed.
So memorable that you didn't mention his name :?
Would could have a guess

£5 each for RBL

I'm off to google recent V.C winners :wink:
 
#6
Last year we tried to obtain the large car poppies from our local RBL but they hadn't got any (?)

This year Mrs Dave demanded that we purchase some so off we popped to Southport RBL who promised they'd had some.

Now, we're both on basic pensions, so imagine my surprise when asked how much we'd like to donate, she shoved a £20 pound note in the collection tin.

"All for a good cause" she said, with a huge smile on her face. As she married me after I left the Army and has rejected 30 years of effort by me to squadify her I have to say I was really impressed.

Dead (!) chuffed to drive around with a Fcuk Off Big Poppy and a CO who finally realises what its all about and that money is no object.

Bless!
 
#7
rivetcounter said:
I think we all know his name. But perhaps persec doesnt come into it.
:oops:

Sorry if I picked you up wrong . Yeah there's very few " recent VC winners " kicking around . If you shook his hand I take it you're not Nick Griffin either :wink:
 
#8
No worries Spanny, he seemed a genuine bloke to me.

Im working near you tomorrow Wraxall to be precise, its a bit " country" when you live in Midsomer Norton.
 

Latest Threads