• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Poppies

walting_matilda said:
What is the history behind wearing it on the left or right?
I saw a homeless man today (whom i have previosuly seen eating out of a bin) wearing a poppy, i thought to myself, 'Why can't more people be homelesss', then had the thought me may be Ex mil...

Whats a tropping..?

walting_matilda said:
What is the history behind wearing it on the left or right?
I wear mine in my left lapel button-hole. But when in (police) uniform I wear it on the right as my radio is clipped to the left. It doesn't really matter....

ugly

LE
I wear one in my hat (civvie) and one on whatever I can get to stay on my outer layer regardless of which side!
I wear one on my blog all year round as I always try to remember my comrades who gave everything!

One of the old boys I collect with said that it was traditional for a man to wear his poppy on his right as his medals would be worn on his left.

Latest Threads