Poppies

#1
They must be on sale already....(the politicos are already wearing them) but I havn't seen any about.... Are there less volunteers out and about selling them or am I a bit early?
 
#5
Whiskey_60 said:
I got 2 in my daughters nursery this morning, they have sticky backs rather than the usual pin design this year.

our school ones are sticky backed the rest are normal pinned ones
 
#7
Whiskey_60 said:
I got 2 in my daughters nursery this morning, they have sticky backs rather than the usual pin design this year.
Think that might be just for nursery, the one I got at work on Monday is secured with a pin.
 
#9
None knocking around York Bks out here in Munster yet, theres a Legion on camp so hopefully they'll be out soon.
 

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
#10
Got one last night at The Ritz in London. Thought I was the man taking soon to be Mrs Ravers for a drink in there. Then the bill arrived. £34 quid for two glasses of Champagne. WTF.

Got my poppy though.
 
#11
May I claim the first Poppy of October? Robin Gibb on BBC1 this morning.

Nice touch, I thought.

............that's if he paid for it :x
 
#13
FourZeroCharlie said:
May I claim the first Poppy of October? Robin Gibb on BBC1 this morning.

Nice touch, I thought.

............that's if he paid for it :x
Sorrry, that claim can be taken by me as an employee of the Govt, an MP, was wearing one on yesterdays lunchtime news on BBC1.
 
#14
smudge67 said:
Just don't bother buying one.....make one out of old red card.
Coming out with a statement like that, you will do well if you join the Army......show some respect you little sh1tbag.
 
#15
My boxes are going out this week. However, there is also a lack of volunteers in certain areas. If you cant find poppies nearer the time perhaps it might be worth doing your bit for a few hours?

The sticky backed ones are being tried out this year.
 
#16
saintstone said:
FourZeroCharlie said:
May I claim the first Poppy of October? Robin Gibb on BBC1 this morning.

Nice touch, I thought.

............that's if he paid for it :x
Sorrry, that claim can be taken by me as an employee of the Govt, an MP, was wearing one on yesterdays lunchtime news on BBC1.
Oh, bugger :x

Hope the little tick-turd had bought it and was'nt wearing the Departmental one?
 

ugly

LE
Moderator
#17
I start deliveries to shops and business' today! I may be selling my wares at the weekend!
 
#18
Enigma266 said:
My boxes are going out this week. However, there is also a lack of volunteers in certain areas. If you cant find poppies nearer the time perhaps it might be worth doing your bit for a few hours?

The sticky backed ones are being tried out this year.

[align=center]Well said Enigma;
STILL TIME TO VOLUNTEER - CONTACT YOUR LOCAL RBL NOW![/align]
 
#19
I was the Secretary of a Royal British Legion Club for some years and I recall looking into the rules/legislation concerning the sale of Poppies. There is no restriction on when they can be sold from a static place of sale, eg. collection box and Poppies on the bar in the Club, but the actual collectors, that is the people out on the street rattling the collection boxes at the public, are only allowed to operate for the two weekends prior to the weekend of Remembrance Day itself.

Why this is so, I can't remember, but it pisses me off when you see all the other begging bowls out and about all year round.
 
#20
FourZeroCharlie said:
saintstone said:
FourZeroCharlie said:
May I claim the first Poppy of October? Robin Gibb on BBC1 this morning.

Nice touch, I thought.

............that's if he paid for it :x
Sorrry, that claim can be taken by me as an employee of the Govt, an MP, was wearing one on yesterdays lunchtime news on BBC1.
Oh, bugger :x

Hope the little tick-turd had bought it and was'nt wearing the Departmental one?
Mind, I came home a little worse for wear last wek and started to watch "have I got news for you" and thought that they were wearing their poppies a little early until I realised I was watching the Dave channel and it was a repeat :roll:
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads