Poppies

Behind cap badge if badge is metal. Left shirt/jacket pocket buttonhole if cap badge is cloth.

Maintain a well-kept poppy. Buy a new one every day - you look smart and it benefits others.

Cheers guys, just that someone told me he saw a regular army recruiting caravan in his town today and the six guys manning it were not wearing them.

Rockhopperst4 said:
Cheers guys, just that someone told me he saw a regular army recruiting caravan in his town today and the six guys manning it were not wearing them.
Yeah, but you're not required to.

FF.

Friendly_Fire said:
Rockhopperst4 said:
Yeah, but you're not required to.

FF.
I think you'll find you are....

msr
P.S. If you disagree with me, take it up with your RSM.

Are people actually compelled to wear them? If so then surely they should be issued. People should be free to make a donation or not, if they do make the donation then good on them, and they may choose to take a poppy for it. I suspect that some people my feel like making a donation, even quite a sizeable one - but for whatever reason of it not want to wear a poppy.

I feel that people should donate to the RBL and show their support. I also believe that people can show their support in their own way and not be forced into doing something unless there are legitimate orders for doing so.

TA_sig said:
Are people actually compelled to wear them? If so then surely they should be issued. People should be free to make a donation or not, if they do make the donation then good on them, and they may choose to take a poppy for it. I suspect that some people my feel like making a donation, even quite a sizeable one - but for whatever reason of it not want to wear a poppy.

I feel that people should donate to the RBL and show their support. I also believe that people can show their support in their own way and not be forced into doing something unless there are legitimate orders for doing so.
Fcuk me TA_sig. This is a poppy we are talking about, we all know the significance of them. Shut your trap put a pound in the tin and get a fcuking poppy behind your Jimmy!

forniup said:
TA_sig said:

Fcuk me TA_sig. This is a poppy we are talking about, we all know the significance of them. Shut your trap put a pound in the tin and get a fcuking poppy behind your Jimmy!

Issue a poppy ? FFS pay your money and pray you never need the help it pays for you tight cnut.

B_AND_T

LE
Book Reviewer
oh_bug.ger said:
forniup said:
TA_sig said:

Issue a poppy ? FFS pay your money and pray you never need the help it pays for you tight cnut.
Issue a poppy uuummm novel suggestion TA_sig. Why not staff it up to the QM throught the chain of command (via your RSM of course). I would be interested to hear his comments.

TA_Sig - don't look on it as a tax, more a pension contribution...tightwad!

putteesinmyhands said:
Behind cap badge if badge is metal. Left shirt/jacket pocket buttonhole if cap badge is cloth.

Maintain a well-kept poppy. Buy a new one every day - you look smart and it benefits others.
what about if you wear a hackle :?

the_big_cheese said:
putteesinmyhands said:

Deja vu?

putteesinmyhands said:
Tartan_Ninja said:
And if have a Hackle....?
Same as you wore it last year.

putteesinmyhands said:
the_big_cheese said:
putteesinmyhands said:

Deja vu?

putteesinmyhands said:
Tartan_Ninja said:
And if have a Hackle....?
Same as you wore it last year.
this is the first time i have had the chance to wear one on my headdress so i still don't know, i want to get it right as i will be at a parade this weekend but have not been to my own unit for weeks due to having to work o/t

TA_sig said:
Are people actually compelled to wear them? If so then surely they should be issued. .
Go outside and have a word with yourself.

msr

msr said:
TA_sig said:
Are people actually compelled to wear them? If so then surely they should be issued. .
Go outside and have a word with yourself.

msr
Better still, find yourself a mirror and give yourself a damn good fcukin' bll0cking.

Jesus.... :roll:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
hudster1969 Photography 1
Fang_Farrier The Intelligence Cell 35
Tartan_Terrier The Intelligence Cell 77