Poppies

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by Rockhopperst4, Nov 9, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Are we allowed to wear them while in uniform?

2. behind cap badge

3. Behind cap badge if badge is metal. Left shirt/jacket pocket buttonhole if cap badge is cloth.

Maintain a well-kept poppy. Buy a new one every day - you look smart and it benefits others.

4. Cheers guys, just that someone told me he saw a regular army recruiting caravan in his town today and the six guys manning it were not wearing them.

5. Yeah, but you're not required to.

FF.

6. msr

msr LE

I think you'll find you are....

msr
    P.S. If you disagree with me, take it up with your RSM.

7. Morally, you are

8. Are people actually compelled to wear them? If so then surely they should be issued. People should be free to make a donation or not, if they do make the donation then good on them, and they may choose to take a poppy for it. I suspect that some people my feel like making a donation, even quite a sizeable one - but for whatever reason of it not want to wear a poppy.

I feel that people should donate to the RBL and show their support. I also believe that people can show their support in their own way and not be forced into doing something unless there are legitimate orders for doing so.

9. you are compelled to wear a lot of things that you don't get issued trade badges, name tags etc just the way it is!!!!!

10. Fcuk me TA_sig. This is a poppy we are talking about, we all know the significance of them. Shut your trap put a pound in the tin and get a fcuking poppy behind your Jimmy!

11. Issue a poppy ? FFS pay your money and pray you never need the help it pays for you tight cnut.

12. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

Issue a poppy uuummm novel suggestion TA_sig. Why not staff it up to the QM throught the chain of command (via your RSM of course). I would be interested to hear his comments.

13. TA_Sig - don't look on it as a tax, more a pension contribution...tightwad!

14. what about if you wear a hackle :?

15. Deja vu?