Pope urges HQ admin staff to un***k cluster

Pope Francis sharply criticises Vatican bureaucracy

2zi954k.jpg

"Yous had better start sparking Gents." - The Pope said earlier.

Pope Francis has sharply criticised the Vatican bureaucracy in a pre-Christmas address to cardinals, complaining of "spiritual Alzheimer's" and "the terrorism of gossip".

He said the Curia - the administrative pinnacle of the Roman Catholic Church - was suffering from 15 "ailments", which he wanted cured in the New Year.

Pope Francis - the first Latin American pontiff - also criticised "those who look obsessively at their own image".

He has demanded reform of the Curia.

There was silence at the end of the Pope's speech.

See link for full text

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-30577368
----------------------------------------------------------

Bit of a bollocking then. How long before this il Papa meets an untimely end?

Last edited:

Mr_Fingerz

LE
Book Reviewer
He won't. He's been busy telling the curia some home truths whilst the Order of Friars Minorite (the Franciscans) have just discovered huge financial irregularities which mean that they are effectively skint. (Which is ironic given their vow of poverty). There's much wrong with the Holy See and the Cardinals with an eye to being the next Pontiff won't want to inherit the mess that Benedict left behind.

LancePrivateJones

MIA
Book Reviewer
He seems to be doing a good job so far.

The veiled reference to John Paul 1 by the OP is an accurate observation.

Francis appears to be starting to do what John Paul 1 was intending back in 1978 before his untimely demise.

Good luck to him, the Curia will put lots of obstacles in his path.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
A Pope with courage! Maybe there is some hope for the RC Church after all.

Maybe he'll release some of the very important but hidden documents rumoured to be in the Vatican library.

Linda Lovelace's autobiography? I read it in the 70s and it was great. Inside Linda Lovelace was the somewhat odd title I believe.

You missed this bit:

'Oh yeah... And stop ******* da bambinos! Capice?'

Sent from my GT-I9070P using ARRSE mobile app

Maybe he'll release some of the very important but hidden documents rumoured to be in the Vatican library.
Nothing left to reveal

AngelsAndDemons.jpg

Well he is supposed to be the very last pope.
Maybe it won't be the apocalypse after all but just that they will do away with the post?

well, if he can get it sorted, he'll deserve a sainthood.
Wonder we could borrow him for a bit, theres a few institutions that could do with an overhaul...

Pope Francis sharply criticises Vatican bureaucracy

2zi954k.jpg

"Yous had better start sparking Gents." - The Pope said earlier.

Pope Francis has sharply criticised the Vatican bureaucracy in a pre-Christmas address to cardinals, complaining of "spiritual Alzheimer's" and "the terrorism of gossip".

He said the Curia - the administrative pinnacle of the Roman Catholic Church - was suffering from 15 "ailments", which he wanted cured in the New Year.

Pope Francis - the first Latin American pontiff - also criticised "those who look obsessively at their own image".

He has demanded reform of the Curia.

There was silence at the end of the Pope's speech.

See link for full text

----------------------------------------------------------

Bit of a bollocking then. How long before this il Papa meets an untimely end?

I can't see the link could you post it again please?

Perhaps once the Old Crusty Cardinals have been dealt with and put out to grass, the Pope will be taking a leaf out the the Church of England's book, and finally permitting the ordination of female priest. But then on the other hand this Pope should not walk down lonely country roads for his afternoon constitutional like Dr David Kelly did.............!!

the_boy_syrup

LE
Book Reviewer
Someone won't be seeing 2016.......

Latest Threads