Pope John Paul

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Mighty_doh_nut, Feb 25, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Edited by Bad CO - I have received a complaint about this poem and have to agree that it is in very poor taste. Given the fact that we have recently got very upset with Urban 75ites over a similar issue I think we have to respect other people's feelings on this one.

Any complaints - tough!!

P.S I'm a left footer......
  2. well said that man :D
  3. Isnt this the same pope that wouldn't say bad things about the PIRA because they were fighting his "cause".
  4. Ummmmm...no.

He also spoke specifically to the young people of NI and Eire:

The Provisional IRA in Belfast then issued a statement bluntly rejecting Pope John Paul's plea for an end to violence, claiming it had "widespread support" for its operations: "In all conscience we believe that force is by far the only means of removing the evil of the British presence in Ireland." However, the movement's political wing, the Provisional Sinn Fein, announced that they "would welcome an opportunity for direct contact with Pope John Paul, whose genuine interest in achieving true peace based on justice is warmly appreciated."

PIRA and Sinn Fein peddling opposing views? Shurely not!! :D
  5. An aircraft is about to crash, and unfortunately there are five passengers but only four parachutes.

The first passenger says 'I'm Jacques Chirac thats reason enough not to die'. He takes a parachute and jumps out.

The second passenger says 'I'm Tony Blair I'll just nip out and see if its safe for you to follow'. He takes a parachute and jumps out.

The third passenger says 'I'm Gerry Adams, leader of Sinn Fein. I have huge responsiblities and as the most intelligent man in the 32 Counties, it would be a fatal blow for civilization and progress if I died'. He takes a parachute and jumps.

The fourth passenger, Pope John Paul II, says to the fifth passenger, a 10 year old girl. 'I am old and have lived a full life, you take the last parachute with my blessing'.

The litle girl smiles and says 'Don't worry Holy Father, there is a parachute for you. The most intelligent man in the world has just jumped out with my school bag'.

6. Well, they would be wouldn't they? They have nothing to do with one another. Gerry and Martin are not in PIRA, or on the Army council, or...

7. Is this c*nt for real?
  8. Absolutely phenomenal. We have finally reached the murky bottom of MDN's Bad Taste Reservoir... 8O
  9. not quite I bet a pound to a pinch of sh!t MDN has reached the bottom and started tunneling
  10. Whilst humming "The Sash" he dons his Bowler hat and sash and picks up his rolled up umbrella.

11. Is that the old and beautiful one, it colours are fine. The hat I mean.
  12. Can anyone remember where it was worn?

Apart from round the neck, before you start...
  13. Definitely Derry Enniskillin and the boyne.. I believe one chap had it on in Aughrin too.
  14. I believe my father had one very similar...?
  15. :D :D :D :D