Pope Benedict XVI: condoms make Aids crisis worse

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Blogg, Mar 17, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Surely he's mistaken? Catholicism makes the AIDS crisis worse.

2. I know this is not the NAAFI Bar, but...

This man is a prick, and a public health liability. I'm sorry if that offends some of the Catholics on this site, but FFS, this guy is making you all look bad.

3. C*nt is the only word I can think for this utter failure as a human being. It would be the ultimate irony if he catches AIDS while he is out there, and incredibly funny!

4. How does he know? Because his invisable friend told him.

Th quote Steven Fry "Religion, I sh1t it."

5. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

He's lying. He cannot in anyway - not for one second - believe that

So that means he is lying to his faithful, deliberately. How can they take this man seriously?

6. The crab air letting the side down again :twisted: .How do supposedly celibate preists get the right to tell others about sex?
    Islam christanity and Judism invented in countries where men were ugly and had small dicks so their all about hating women .
    Where as religion in the north was that wicca nonsense or the norse gods
    which was an excuse to get pissed and fight .

7. maybe what his trying to say is that condoms mean people are more willing to have casual sex, which could make things worse.

8. I think what the RCC has been saying is don't shag around. Using a condom is not 100% safe for contraception so it is not going to be 100% for the non-transmission of AIDS. The perception is that if you wear condom you are sorted & safe. It is that eronious perception that "aggravates the problems".

Await incoming. :roll:

9. And of course, once you've removed using condoms as an option, everyone will just stick to holding hands and hugging. The Pope needs a reality check.

10. For a man (that's all he is) in such a position of power to talk such utter bollox is almost breathtaking in it's irresponsibilty.

And people blame muslim clerics and mullahs for talking with such bias and narrow mindedness

We're doomed!

11. No apology needed Legs, I'm not a practising left footer but I like to keep in touch with Vatican stuff and I reckon you will find that many British Catholics were dismayed when Conclave elected Ratzinger.
    He is very old school arch-conservative Catholic and he was just what the RC church didn't need.
    I think you will find most of his policies echo John Paul II who, in spite of his popular persona was also ultra arch-conservative.

They really do live on a different planet this lot.

My £0.02 worth.

Edited to add : John Paul I was the man IMO, he would have modernised to take modern living into account but he only lasted 5 minutes and Rome dare not elect anybody like him again, hence Ratzinger in the chair.

12. His stance will cost lives - how Christian is that ??

13. The Norsemen used to worship Odin - Wicca is a cobbled-together mix of mostly invented gibberish scratted down by a retired civil servant in the 1950s, popular with accounts clerks and shoe shop girls who want to jazz up their beige-coloured lives by running starkers round a camp fire.

A religion invented by a desk mole, for desk moles.

14. Pararegtom

Pararegtom LE Book Reviewer

[
    No apology needed Legs, I'm not a practising left footer but I like to keep in touch with Vatican stuff and I reckon you will find that many British Catholics were dismayed when Conclave elected Ratzinger.

That will be via the Batphone, I presume M, Lord