Pope adviser calls the UK a 'Third World country'

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Richard_Hannay, Sep 15, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. BBC News - Pope adviser calls the UK a 'Third World country'

One of the Pope's senior advisers has pulled out of the papal visit to Britain, after reportedly saying the UK is a "Third World country" marked by "a new and aggressive atheism". Cardinal Walter Kasper, 77, made the remarks in a German magazine interview.

The Vatican said the cardinal had not intended "any kind of slight", and was referring to the UK's multicultural society. It added that he had simply pulled out of the Pope's visit due to illness.

Classic. This is from the bunch of loons who rail against homosexuals and condoms yet ignore child molestation. The poor cardinal can't make his mind up - is it because he thinks we're all atheists or is it because we are racially impure?
  2. Not to mention the enormous support the Church derives from hundreds of millions of Third World peasants. What a ****.
  3. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Good thing he fucked off then.

Yes, there is some distance between normality and sky fairies of the Christian denomination. A crisis of faith? I beg to differ. How's about a crisis of magnificent proportions for the papacy, and only because they lied and protected nonces in their church, and got caught, and not just in one country, but dozens.

We have no crisis of faith in this country, it's just that more and more people have opened their eyes to the hypocracy, greed and filth of this one of many religions, and have come to the correct conclusion that this organisation has very little at all to do with belief in a deity. People would much rather live their lives with hope, free from the negativity of shame of original sin, being born bad and having to spend their lives whispering to invisible fairies in the hope of some flash shit after they are rotting in the ground. Give me ******* strength!

Good thing the Inquisition and burning at the stake no longer happens huh! What sort of discrimination is acceptable to this corporation of Christ that oversees the poverty of billions? Discrimination against women? They must be allowed to wear a cross at work, but they can't be ordained to do god's work?

A lying hypocrit, sacheing off into the sunset, back to Italy, having passed judgement on this country as if his own corporation was whiter than white, rather than drowning in the cesspit of paedo scandals around the globe.

Just my humble opinion of course.
  4. So? Is he wrong?

Isn't the UK an impoverished ex-world power? When did you last enjoy the benefit of any sort of morality (i.e. right from wrong, leaving sky fairies of all denominations aside) in the UK? If you dropped your wallet, could you hope that it would be returned with the cards and cash intact?
  5. Not to mention the odd terrorist, its simply a church that has struggled to come into the 21st century and accept that society is different today.
  6. The chap involved says he meant no offence. Oh, that's ok then.

Your a paedo hiding cnut.......no offence meant
  7. Thats a Quality rant at its finest !! .. I dont disagree with your angle here Mr Biped sir, just a bit in awe of your ability.
  8. What he said. Very well put Sir, thank you.
  9. I've dropped notes in the street and had them returned, returned lost mobile phones, etc. Maybe you should stop living in Strathclyde-upon-**** and move somewhere nice. :)
  10. Good plan; Denmark, Norway, Australia?

I try to return stuff I find as a rule.
    The question, which you've avoided, is whether you'd expect your fellow UKer to return something of value that you'd lost, or do you think that most are grasping chavs and be surprised if you saw your gizzit again?
  11. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

Apart from a couple of minor blips we got rid of The Church of Rome during The Reformation in the 1530's.

They can all go and procreate with themselves as far as I'm concerned.
  12. Biped, you will get splinters in your arse if you don't stop sitting on that fence!

Man up and tell us how you really feel!

All joking aside, quality post, mate.
  13. I thank the Cardinal for his accurate assessment of this Blair/Brown buggered nation!

Funny is it not that the truth hurts?

PS: I am an 'every Sunday' church-going Protestant, but I subscribe fully to the right of others to follow their beliefs without fear, let or hindrance.
  14. So the buggers been to London already? ;P
  15. Mind you, did you see the one the interviewed on BBC news after this had been reported? The first guy, denying we were a 3rd world country, had a hook with a screw on the end pierced through under his bottom lip. I often feel like that at Heathrow, as well. And in Bradford. And in Birmingham. And in Leicester..........