Pop Up Ads & Redirects on Mobile - Anyone Still Having Them?

Thanks for the updates everyone. Behind the scenes I'm working with our network ads provider to try and resolve this issue.

@Bad CO Ive had one yesterday and one today. Can’t remember where yesterday’s was, today was on the last page of the Trump Presidency thread.

Both were the ‘you’ve won an iPhone’ type.

I’m on an iPhone 6s, running the latest iOS (updated it this morning - so saw one ad before, one after the update).

The ad address was http://www.google.com-win-a-free-gift-from-walmart-amazon-iphone.twsis.com/home/valid?jkhjkhetjkewhkjth=756;0;45226fe08cd0c8bd94a5248382aa5c90;bcc7e5c7cf6186e8bec4cd53c89e1264;s2=133891|s3=${domain}|s4=251568|s5=${datetime}|s6=${appstore_url}|my9=${os}|;337_2145;http://www.google.com-win-a-free-gift-from-walmart-amazon-iphone.twsis.com

Screenshot:

View attachment 320928
In the last two days I’ve been bothered by this pop up and redirect.

iPhone 8 user

Regards

Pop ups and redirects almost making ARRSE unusable on my iPhone 8 and IPad this morning :/

Regards,
MM

Last edited:
Pop ups and redirects almost making ARRSE unusable on my iPhone 8 and IPad this morning :/

Regards,
MM
Same here.

About fifteen times yesterday and about ten times so far today.

fairly easy to solve by hitting history and going back to an earlier page.

But still very annoying.

The sticky key on back/delete on the iPad is a bigger nuisance at the moment.

This is my fourth attempt at this post so it is not caused by pictures.

Get the redirect on Android every now and again

I've been incommunicado for the last week or so - any improvements or still the same issues?

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
This just popped up (ironically) in my Google feed. See what effect it has on pop-up ads.

Google’s Chrome ad blocking arrives tomorrow and this is how it works | The Verge
I've been incommunicado for the last week or so - any improvements or still the same issues?
It would be interesting to me to know if there was a correlation between the seeming dropoff of pop-up ads and the use of Chrome, implying whether or not the Google ad blocker was doing anything.

Well this all seems very positive. Fingers crossed and all that

Now that you're back from your hols, I suppose you'll be putting the pop-ups and Chinese spam back on...

I've been having a few for the past few days. Usual type you are a winner type.

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
I've got @Sigski on another means. He sees he cannot get past logon without being locked out by pop-up ads telling him he's won.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
pete49 Hardware - PCs, Consoles, Gadgets 12
Grey_Mafia65 ARRSE: Site Issues 359
Legs ARRSE: Site Issues 2