Poor, poor Romanian navy

Look what we foisted on the Romanians as "strings attached"when we sold them a couple of old frigates:

Does this little number make up for it though? And if she came with the frigates can we have her back?

And is this thread actually better in the NAAFI? :twisted:

did he? Where?

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
DozyBint said:
Cuts did this yesterday!

I did not !
Otherwise she'd have a bigger smile on her face & her knees wouldn't be able to touch.

But I am searching for her telephone number...

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
PaddyRAC said:
Wheres their foresights?
They lacked the foresight to order them ?

Sorry, I'll get me coat...

Cutaway said:
PaddyRAC said:
Wheres their foresights?
They lacked the foresight to order them ?

Sorry, I'll get me coat...
Stuff the foresights, where's the modifications?

(Have the Romanian Defence Department's procurement team recently had a few nights on the pisss courtesy of the MOD:

'No Mr Romanian Defence Minister, there's nothing to worry about, you're just signing to say you won't be offended if you let us pick up the bar tab - You can trust me - I work for Mr Blair!' :lol: )

The foresights are removed for drill with non-Susat equipped L85's, otherwise you get a face full of pig iron on the slope.

Herr Doktor said:
But hang on, they're wearing slings... Quite difficult to slope arms with a slung rifle, no?
And wearing them incorrectly too. Take a closer look. Or is it just Romanian stylee?

Know the answer to this one. When they took over the ships someone thought they should appear with weapons. BAe who were facilitating the deal quicly borrowed a set of weapons just so's the photo could be taken. They were handed back to their rightful owners after the piccy was taken.

My brother-in-law elect (Cdr RN) is something to do with this sales project. Maybe he can get the Romanian sub-lieutenant's phone number for us? After all, if my sister were to unfortunately or accidentally be sent copies of these photos then it may be curtains for him - so no point in keeping the good news to himself?