Poor Mans Body Armour / Armor / Stabproof / Bulletproof

Well fancy that, if you ever need cost effective protection from getting stabbed (or potentially shot, maybe potentially effective upto NIJ 3A?) than simply cellotape some paper magazines around your torso like in this episode of The Wire

The *cough* gay stick up man Omar who goes around robbing drug dealers is in the nick and has a 5 figure bounty on his head...

Why have you posted this in "Fill Your Boots" rather than the thread for shit internet videos?

Well fancy that, if you ever need cost effective protection from getting stabbed (or potentially shot, maybe potentially effective upto NIJ 3A?) than simply cellotape some paper magazines around your torso like in this episode of The Wire

The *cough* gay stick up man Omar who goes around robbing drug dealers is in the nick and has a 5 figure bounty on his head...
There was an uplifting song a few years ago titled "I'd like to teach the world to sing". It brought nations together and grown men cry.

Personally I'd like to teach the world to urinate in your face prior to kicking the shite out of you.

The thought of several billion people, all wearing steel toe capped pit boots, punting your balls into orbit fills me with joy.

Nothing new.

The Police in North Derbyshire used to place yellow pages and telephone books inside thier belted tunic when dealing with fire armed incidents (mainly shot guns), before flack jackets, stab vests and body armour became the general issue.

Also useful for giving the village gob-sh!tte a painful wacky around the head without leaving the tell tale bruising of a trudgen or fist. (Or so my brother told me, he received and not given).

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
Nothing new.

The Police in North Derbyshire used to place yellow pages and telephone books inside thier belted tunic when dealing with fire armed incidents (mainly shot guns), before flack jackets, stab vests and body armour became the general issue.

Also useful for giving the village gob-sh!tte a painful wacky around the head without leaving the tell tale bruising of a trudgen or fist. (Or so my brother told me, he received and not given).
Is that how J P Hartley got a summons?

Do you want stabbed?
I still have my dpm CBA in the garage if I piss off some local gangsters, I think small arms in the criminal underworld is largely .22/9mm? Although I don't really see the CBA stopping even that... I once asked my PSI if he really thought it would stop small arms when I was a young sprog and he broke down laughing at his desk

I still have my dpm CBA in the garage if I piss off some local gangsters, I think small arms in the criminal underworld is largely .22/9mm? Although I don't really see the CBA stopping even that... I once asked my PSI if he really thought it would stop small arms when I was a young sprog and he broke down laughing at his desk
1617747226101.png

You're still screwed, but you already knew that.

Last edited:
The ballistic clipboard. Issued to Met area car crews in the 80s a clipboard of some super bulletproof material with a massive wooden handle on the back. The theory being if you approached a motorist who then produced a gun you could place the clipboards between yourself and the gun thus making you bulletproof.

jmb3296

War Hero
The ballistic clipboard. Issued to Met area car crews in the 80s a clipboard of some super bulletproof material with a massive wooden handle on the back. The theory being if you approached a motorist who then produced a gun you could place the clipboards between yourself and the gun thus making you bulletproof.
Ballistic Clipboard
The Idea was that you approached the car from the rear, held clipboard in front of you at the window and it reduced the available visible target if the occupant was the one you were looking for.

The mark1 bullet proof tunic would sort the rest.

the morale boosting words of wisdom “ of course if there is a shot into the clipboard you will get away with a broken wrist” , had an effect counter to what the instructor optimistically hoped.

even as a young sprog I thought it sounded like a really shit plan

Ballistic Clipboard
The Idea was that you approached the car from the rear, held clipboard in front of you at the window and it reduced the available visible target if the occupant was the one you were looking for.

The mark1 bullet proof tunic would sort the rest.

the morale boosting words of wisdom “ of course if there is a shot into the clipboard you will get away with a broken wrist” , had an effect counter to what the instructor optimistically hoped.

even as a young sprog I thought it sounded like a really shit plan
..but it was countered by the comment that "If it goes tits up chaps at least our pension is pretty bloody good.."

There was an uplifting song a few years ago titled "I'd like to teach the world to sing". It brought nations together and grown men cry.

Personally I'd like to teach the world to urinate in your face prior to kicking the shite out of you.

The thought of several billion people, all wearing steel toe capped pit boots, punting your balls into orbit fills me with joy.
And some say, "Romance Is Dead".

Biscuits AB super glued to your torso will provide ballistic and stab protection.

Probably

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Football fans of a certain age may remember the old Chelsea Club or Millwall Brick.

Get a broadsheet newspaper, roll it up and bend it in half.

The bit at the bend becomes rock solid. I mean properly rock hard and can be used as an impromptu cosh.

Always worth grabbing a copy of the Times or Telegraph when you get on a plane. You never know.