Poor Kids are Fatter????.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by tuffy52, Jan 23, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Obvious innit? Just look at those poor Africans.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Well I imagine poorer children end up eating a lot of cheap, easy to make shit food full of fat and sugar and this coupled with an increasingly sedentary lifestyle equals little poor fatties running(wheezing) around.

• Like Like x 7
  3. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

it does upset them though, a bloke down the road (ex glosters) is short and round as is his missus. therefore young jordan is also short and round, bobby though is skinny and sweet as a button for now at least.

I see mum or dad every day carrying a supermarket bag with the makings of pizza and chips or spaggetti and chips etc.... the kids have got so used to it they wont eat anything else.

4. Cheap Iceland burgers at a quid for 20 is what does it. When you can fill a frezzer up for under 20 quid with prosessed shite & feed a family of 4 on it for a fortnight, what else are the less well off going to do ? Needs a radical rethink on how we feed our nation & food stamps only redeemable for healthier foods could be the answer. Healthier food needs to come down in price too as all we,ll end up doing is pissing against the wind with this problem.

LT.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Should these deprived kiddies be force fed Tesco Horse Burgers to help them run faster?

• Like Like x 5
  6. But good healthy food can be bought cheaply, but it's easier to throw some burgers under the grill than to prepare a proper meal.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Even easier to use Maccy D's.

8. Nice idea, but given the poor harvests in fruit and grains both here and in the US (as well as other places) over the past couple of years prices are sky rocketing. This also affects the price on animal feed too which means that meat becomes more expensive as a result.
    We are in for a year or two of increasing food prices I'm afraid.

9. Judging by the prices on their website McDonalds seems a whole lot more expensive than cooking healthy. It's laziness and a sugar addiction that keeps people eating all that shite and tank up on fizzy drinks.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Trans-sane

Trans-sane LE Book Reviewer

Curses! beaten too it by a thunder-stealing MOD. Fresh fruit and veg is fairly cheap from the supermarket. And from local market traders its very cheap. Same deal for lean cuts of meat from the butchers in the markets too. I can feed myself well for a week on £30 and still lay leftovers down in the freezer. And me feeding myself well for a week would feed an entire African villiage for a similar period of time. Many of the arrsers that have met me can confirm how much I eat.

But that sort of food requires work, effort and knowledge to turn it into a decent meal. No cheffing with a strong index finger and a good ear for the ping will do. I'm also not a fat cuntdue mainly to exercise but also down to not eating sugar, processed foods and crap.

11. Not as cheaply as horse burgers. Fact.

12. QUICK, TAX FATTY FOODS! Will be the inevitable solution by politicians.

When the problem lies with education. Tell me, how likely are poor people to be well educated?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Trans-sane

Trans-sane LE Book Reviewer

As politically uncorrect as this may seem, considerably less than in 1997 when grammar schools were around. The one-size-fits-nobody comprehensive system is a quest for mediocrity and drags down the brightest while dragging up the thickest to a uniformly average standard...

• Like Like x 2
  14. I don't think it's poor people per ce, I think it's poorly educated parents who lack motivation to take responsibility for parenting. Parents who will give their children what is most popular, offer little or no variation and allow unlimited quantity.

The better educated more motivated you are the less likely you are to be in a poverty trap therefore poorer children tend to be the ones with the indolent parents. There are parents who are desperately poor but take the time and effort to give their children a healthy and nutritious variety of food and in reasoned quantity and equally there are well-off people who allow their children to eat pizza morning, noon and night and stuff themselves with Mars Bars because "It's all they will eat".

• Like Like x 6