Pongo 6863

pongo6863

RIP
RIP
Just wanted to let anyone who is interested know that Pongo6863 passed away this morning at 8.00am. Don't know if I have done this right.

Mrs P (her indoors)

I'm so sorry to hear that. I enjoyed his posts. Wishing you strength and please give your husband a good send off.

HHH

GCM
My condolences to you.

Just wanted to let anyone who is interested know that Pongo6863 passed away this morning at 8.00am. Don't know if I have done this right.

Mrs P (her indoors)
My condolences. I didn't now him that well on here, but I did enjoy his stories and his comments on allsorts of subjects.

RIP, do accept my condolences - one of many people on here I don't know in real life, but i did appreciate his posts.

It would appear everyone is being sensible and polite so I'll be on my best behaviour (for a change)

PFGEN

GCM
Sorry to hear your news. My condolences to yourself and the family. Give him a good send off. I enjoyed his input here. RIP Pongo.

Last edited:
My condolences to you and your family, the loss of a loved one is never easy, do take care of yourself.

MrBane

LE
Kit Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Another sad loss.

For your interest, MrsPongo, your good man joined us in 2009 (the crow) and has made 10,889 posts. The vast majority of which, going back to 2016, seem to be about cats and flying! He has since day one of being here, been given 5,267 likes which says that he was, without a doubt, a good bloke.

Our thoughts are with you.

Stumpy4154

LE
Book Reviewer
Condolences to you and your family, Mrs P.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Sorry to hear that news. That makes two today with JoeCivvy crossing the bar as well.

RIP to both.

MrBane

LE
Kit Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I just went back through his 10,000+ posts to see what his first post was - it was about a plane:

https://www.arrse.co.uk/community/threads/eurofighter-third-tranche-confirmed.110132/post-2502252

Suffice to say, with his first post being about the Eurofighter, Pongo then appears to have found the aircraft spotting thread immediately after and used at least 7,000 of his following posts for this thread:

https://www.arrse.co.uk/community/threads/whats-this-any-plane-spotters-in.43945/post-2506375

I think it's safe to say that thread in particular is going to suffer now. Who else would be able to tell you that the picture of a dark shadow half a mile away in the dusky evening sky with heavy cloud cover, was in fact a Hawker P.1081, inverted, and that not only was the pilot picking his nose in the picture, but that the left aileron had black nasty on it to hold it together?

The bloody spotter. :grin:

Latest Threads