Pondering..

#1
I was wondering basically:

1-How often do you guys parade (usually)..

2-How regular and often people turn up to parade nights..

3-What full time commitment is..

4-Whether you can simply join the TA hoping for it to be some sort of "job" taking priority before joining the army or an alternative means if you don't quite meet the individual requirements at the time for the regular army (obviously the guidelines are all the same but to what extent is this possible)

Thanks :D
 
#2
RoyalEngineers said:
I was wondering basically:

1-How often do you guys parade (usually)..
Once a week. Usually use Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday depending on the unit. Specialist units don't parade as often.

RoyalEngineers said:
2-How regular and often people turn up to parade nights..
Individual commitment is just that, individual. Some go every night, some a handful of times in the year.

RoyalEngineers said:
3-What full time commitment is..
Full time commitment would be regular service. TA can and do undertake full time commitment, but you would volunteer to do so either via FTRS, mobilisation or by applying for a permanent staff position in a unit.

RoyalEngineers said:
4-Whether you can simply join the TA hoping for it to be some sort of "job" taking priority before joining the army or an alternative means if you don't quite meet the individual requirements at the time for the regular army (obviously the guidelines are all the same but to what extent is this possible)
No. The TA is not an easy option to the regular army. If you were not fit for a job when applying to the regulars, when you apply to do the same job through the TA you would still be (unsurprisingly) not fit. Arguably you could do the part time equivalent, but to do the full time post the same criteria applies.
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
geezer466 Current Affairs, News and Analysis 46
R The Intelligence Cell 31

Similar threads

Latest Threads