Ponchos and bivy bags

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by wildcard.rgbw, Feb 27, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I started selling on loads of field kit like ponchos and bivy bags and was quite surprised to find that dutch DPM is identical to British Army DPM... by any chance does anyone here actually use them in the field, as in ponchos?

Attached Files:

• h05.jpg
      File size:
      30.8 KB
      Views:
  2. I got a b*llocking for using Dutch kit on one of my recent training weekends. They may be identical but somehow those of the rank of Sergeant and above seem able to smell foreign clobber. Shame since that bivi bag was fackin' nails :(. I was given the impression that using foreign kit was a no-no.

3. I got a b*llocking for using Dutch kit on one of my recent training weekends. They may be identical but somehow those of the rank of Sergeant and above seem able to smell foreign clobber. Shame since that bivi bad was fackin' nails :(

4. Its a bit petit though, if it was just a bivvi bag...

5. What's the difference? It's a bivi bag, surely there can't be much in it. And why would you need a DPM poncho? Surely a basha does the job better...

TC

6. If you look closely, the british dpm has small spots to fade in each colour to the next wheras dutch does not!

7. Isnt most of the cloggy DPM made by British Companies (or is it a dutch company that makes some of our DPM kit for the British Army?)

I thought only Dutch Marines wore DPM? What do the rest of the army wear? OG?

8. I dunno... a DPM poncho... just seems cool... like in platoon... :)

9. INCOMING!

10. Oh dear god no

you'll be telling us DMS and Puttees are cool next :roll:

Edited for spelling

11. The whole Dutch armed forces do wear the British style DPM, including Air Force groundcrew.

"Thatguy" is right, cloggy DPM misses out the "dots" on the edges of the colours, but their uniforms are easy to spot, being a completely different cut and design.

12. dutch goretex jackets are the business

13. Best bivi bag I have ever had is my NZ one. Got it by chance from a mate that had been on Long Look and blagged it, and I've never seen one anywhere for sale since.

14. I don't know about now but the Dutch Marines wore US woodland BDUs even when the rest of the Dutch wore Brit stlye DPM.

15. It's definitely not restricted to their marines. All the Dutch soldiers I saw in Nijmegen last summer were wearing it.