POM

Discussion in 'Sappers' started by matt99, Dec 28, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. good or bad trade? any information would be welcome, cheers.

2. dig holes, eat pies, keep warm on ex but have the biggest pain in the arse vehicles to cam up...knock over survey equipment and generally dig what the fuk you want!

look mate visit the careers office cuz all ya gonna get is knockers v support troop type fights...

3. well you lot will do the best you can. :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

like P_L said visit website/ACIO/etc worse things you could be.

4. Ahh knocker at it again however i just spat coffee over the keyboard Quote knocker " worse things you could be"
    Matt99 it is one of the only trades that you are going to do all the time you will get NVQs and CPCS ticket in all sorts of machinery that said with ALC now in charge of equipment there is not much to do in camp.
    It is a good trade but there are ones out there that will set you in good stead for the future (HERE YOU ARE KNOCKER one for you) sparky chippie survey geek take your pick.
    Like has been said visit ACIO get yourself on a look at life with engineers.
    Good luck

5. i don't know you try to be nice to a mud-muppet, season of good will & all that, & they still get offended. :wink: :D :wink: :D

6. It is a good trade. A relatively short Class 2 (only 6 months!) and a fair bit of responsibility from the begining of your career. Go and dig in a n infantry company on exercise and you will without doubt be the most popular man ever in their location. Further on down the line if you want to go into the technical stream you can become a Military Plant Foreman, a Clerk of Works (Construction) or a Clerk of Works (Mechanical) so more choices than any other trade in the Corps.

7. Knockers =

Attached Files:

8. Mate people in glass houses! :wink:

9. It's all fun and games.

10. And dont forget once you've done the course you can go for COW (P) :wink:
    Another representative of the Cpls Mess doing a fine job :D

11. The thing that makes me laught with the whole queue jumper thing is that for years a lot of LCpls would go onto the instructors course just to get their full screw.

12. Mate nowadays you can tell whos going trg regt by the jcc joining instructions,
    If your down for the IAW then there's a good chance your going.

13. Nothing like having people who want to be at Training Regt there teaching. Training regt instructors should not be forced in by records, the posts should be filled by people who volunteered to go there.

14. been like that since i was a fecking lance-jack (the first/second time)