POM wins CGC

I note that one of the POM NCOs has been awarded the CGC for gallantry in Afghanistan.Brill L/Cpl Campbell.

I recall as a young soldier,a similar event in Aden,when a POM raised his dozer blade during an ambush,saving several sappers' lives.

One of my POMs became a full Colonel!!

Then,of course,there was the POM who came top of a sniper course,a while ago.We need to stop giving POMs a hard time-and appreciate them more???!!!

muhandis89 said:
I note that one of the POM NCOs has been awarded the CGC for gallantry in Afghanistan.Brill L/Cpl Campbell.

I recall as a young soldier,a similar event in Aden,when a POM raised his dozer blade during an ambush,saving several sappers' lives.

One of my POMs became a full Colonel!!

Then,of course,there was the POM who came top of a sniper course,a while ago.We need to stop giving POMs a hard time-and appreciate them more???!!!
Whaaaaaat!! POMs are on this planet to be ridiculed and laughed at. They are the butt of all jokes (especially when you're a Fitter).

Well done that Man

Lance Corporal Donald Campbell, Corps of Royal Engineers, has won the Conspicuous Gallantry Cross for an incredible act of pre-meditated bravery. He intentionally drove an unprotected piece of large plant machinery into a Taleban killing zone, and whilst under very intense accurate fire for a considerable amount of time, he carefully placed a bridge-plate into a ditch to enable an armoured advance.
Bet he still had to answer to the MPF when he returned..

Lance Corporal **, Corps of Royal Engineers, has won the Conspicuous Gallantry Cross for an incredible act of pre-meditated bravery. He intentionally drove an unprotected piece of large plant machinery into a Taleban killing zone, and whilst under very intense accurate fire for a considerable amount of time, he carefully placed a bridge-plate into a ditch to enable an armoured advance.
so that the ginsters delivery van could make its delivery to the mud-muppets. :D :wink: :D :wink:

my bold. the 1st ever mud-muppet to be careful :?: :roll: :?: :roll:

well done pal.

We need to stop giving POMs a hard time-and appreciate them more???!!!

Let me think................NA!

Its much more fun to ridicule them for what they are! Even if they do impress once in a while. There is always one who defies the mud muppet code and goes and does something useful! :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Well done anyway!

just realised I went through training with the lad who won the CGC and have to say well done mate,hes a credit to the corps.

Not bad for a lad from Uist!

Hope hes getting crated for his picture being on the web though!!

He was a Cadet when I knew him and head and shoulders above everyone else.

Still couldn't understand a word he said though:0

But a POM? A POM, sorry with CoJ on this one, for every good POM there are a million mud muppets-yep just jealous I could never get to play in a 'digger' instead of having to fix them.

Bet that's Cpl C CGC by the end of the year:) Bet his troopy can't say that in the bar!

A superb and valiant effort indeed.

One has to wonder why we haven't got armoured bridge layers and CETs for this sort of work though. I suppose that would cost money that Gordon could spend on foreigners...

I seem to remember there was a mud muppet that won a MM in GW1 for "capturing" a load of Iraqis (300 rings a bell) with a murhill LWT and an SMG. apparently he got lost, fell asleep and was woken by a herd of iraqis who wanted to surrender.

That very man is at Hameln at the moment and posted to sunny Hohne in the near future. :D

At least, to his credit, he doesn't try to lie about it. He admits he was one lucky fooker :)

Very solid your lads form Uist...its all that Wee Free Church Calvinism, Atlantic winters and whisky that does it...Well done!