POM wins CGC

Discussion in 'Sappers' started by muhandis89, Mar 8, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I note that one of the POM NCOs has been awarded the CGC for gallantry in Afghanistan.Brill L/Cpl Campbell.

I recall as a young soldier,a similar event in Aden,when a POM raised his dozer blade during an ambush,saving several sappers' lives.

One of my POMs became a full Colonel!!

Then,of course,there was the POM who came top of a sniper course,a while ago.We need to stop giving POMs a hard time-and appreciate them more???!!!

2. Whaaaaaat!! POMs are on this planet to be ridiculed and laughed at. They are the butt of all jokes (especially when you're a Fitter).

3. Well done that Man

Bet he still had to answer to the MPF when he returned..

4. so that the ginsters delivery van could make its delivery to the mud-muppets. :D :wink: :D :wink:

my bold. the 1st ever mud-muppet to be careful :?: :roll: :?: :roll:

well done pal.

5. Three POM's got awards on the list, one a CGC, one MiD and one QCB.

I need to get on tour again :D

6. We need to stop giving POMs a hard time-and appreciate them more???!!!

Let me think................NA!

Its much more fun to ridicule them for what they are! Even if they do impress once in a while. There is always one who defies the mud muppet code and goes and does something useful! :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Well done anyway!

7. just realised I went through training with the lad who won the CGC and have to say well done mate,hes a credit to the corps.

Not bad for a lad from Uist!

Hope hes getting crated for his picture being on the web though!!

8. He was a Cadet when I knew him and head and shoulders above everyone else.

Still couldn't understand a word he said though:0

But a POM? A POM, sorry with CoJ on this one, for every good POM there are a million mud muppets-yep just jealous I could never get to play in a 'digger' instead of having to fix them.

Bet that's Cpl C CGC by the end of the year:) Bet his troopy can't say that in the bar!

9. A superb and valiant effort indeed.

One has to wonder why we haven't got armoured bridge layers and CETs for this sort of work though. I suppose that would cost money that Gordon could spend on foreigners...

10. Good man and well done.

11. I seem to remember there was a mud muppet that won a MM in GW1 for "capturing" a load of Iraqis (300 rings a bell) with a murhill LWT and an SMG. apparently he got lost, fell asleep and was woken by a herd of iraqis who wanted to surrender.

12. That very man is at Hameln at the moment and posted to sunny Hohne in the near future. :D

At least, to his credit, he doesn't try to lie about it. He admits he was one lucky fooker :)

13. Was he offered to exchange his MM for an MC?

14. Great! In the best traditions.... I love it.
    Swordman

15. Very solid your lads form Uist...its all that Wee Free Church Calvinism, Atlantic winters and whisky that does it...Well done!