Polling Turnout

#1
Just a quick FYI for those interested....

I'm running the stats for a party in one of the London constituencies, and voter turn out is looking pretty impressive so far.

A couple of the Polling Stations had queues this morning for the first time that anyone can remember.

Having said that London is running it's local elections at the same time.
 
#2
Looked a bit thin here in Essex at lunchtime with only about 10% of the names on the list crossed through but the staff were pretty excited and said it had been a decent turnout. Apparently it gets busier later. I have a feeling that more will turn out this time than the last couple.
 
#3
Interesting :D

It's always good to see a healthy turnout. Dare I ask Gremlin, are your stats showing any swings or voting patterns at present?



P.S. I'm in the colonies so cannot influence outcomes....plus I'm going to bed soon, so please do tell :D
 
#4
zazabell_012 said:
Interesting :D

It's always good to see a healthy turnout. Dare I ask Gremlin, are your stats showing any swings or voting patterns at present?



P.S. I'm in the colonies so cannot influence outcomes....plus I'm going to bed soon, so please do tell :D
They are certainly showing something.

However I am in a tight area, and with £^&*#' ers like Whet on this board, I am not going to be saying anything until after 22:00!

I guess that puts me down as not Lib Dem then! :D
 
#6
Seemed quite round my way but thats probably because most of the voters would have been bringing in the cattle or hearding the sheep at 7 this morning!

Besides, the SNP will probably poll the most votes up here as many believe the other parties are English.

They forget its a lying Scotsman that has been running the country for a good few years in Blair (Edinburgh) and Brown (Fife).

Salmond has been bumping his gums as usual over a Scottish Defence Force (funded by "London") and the Scottish Oil... 8O
 
#7
Lewisham / Blackheath area said that their boxes were smaller than expected and filling up more quickly than expected.

Conspiracy time - are the boxes smaller so as by the time the Labour / Lib dem lovers ahve voted in the daytime (what with most of them being unemployed / benefits / useless) the boxes will be too full for conservative voters this evening when they get back from work? "Sorry sir, you can't vote as the box is full".
(Before you ask, I'm on leave!)
 
#8
Gremlin said:
zazabell_012 said:
Interesting :D

It's always good to see a healthy turnout. Dare I ask Gremlin, are your stats showing any swings or voting patterns at present?



P.S. I'm in the colonies so cannot influence outcomes....plus I'm going to bed soon, so please do tell :D
They are certainly showing something.

However I am in a tight area, and with £^&*#' ers like Whet on this board, I am not going to be saying anything until after 22:00!

I guess that puts me down as not Lib Dem then! :D
Well, whichever foot you kick with Gremlin, all the best of British luck to you :)

I always think it's the best place to be on election day...right in the thick of it! I'm off to la la land now. Look forward to your updates in the morning :D
 
#9
As teller in my area there does seem a higher than usual turnout........all to the good no matter who one votes for. (Had one gentle- woman who went in to vote and left her two dogs with me......told her there wasn't a B.P candidate....Biscuits Party.)
 
#10
Went with the OH about 12. No queues but a steady stream of people coming in and the boxes pretty full. Hopefully a high turnout this year which will give whatever party more credibility.
Hope it doesn't end up as a hung parliament as we'll have to go through it all again with the year.
(Not bothered about the voting, it's all that rubbish on the telly and radio that gets me down-and, please, no more "Who want to be Prime Minister?" game shows).
 
#11
North Essex this morning at 7 when they opened was quite busy as people did the deed before going to work.
 
#13
exbleep said:
........ please, no more "Who want to be Prime Minister?" game shows).

I think, that without giving too much away, I can say that the three debates have had quite a significant effect on the voting demographic!
 
#14
ericthellama said:
Looked a bit thin here in Essex at lunchtime with only about 10% of the names on the list crossed through but the staff were pretty excited and said it had been a decent turnout. Apparently it gets busier later. I have a feeling that more will turn out this time than the last couple.
Me and the wife went into our local polling station at 10am.....we were the only ones in there apart from the 2 blokes behind the desks!

Desperate!!!!
 
#15
Well the lack of a labour party monkey asking who did you vote for outside our polling station I think speaks volumes. Mind you I haven't seen or heard a single candidate on our patch the whole time, I have had some leaflets shoved through the door saying "sorry we missed you". Well you fcuking would have I was at work.
 

seaweed

LE
Book Reviewer
#16
Leaflets came through the letterbox, mostly on shiny paper so not much good for the only sort of recycling they are fit for, but nobody came to my door so I had no opportunity to be blisteringly rude to anybody, not much of an election at all.
 

Bouillabaisse

LE
Book Reviewer
#17
re-stilly said:
. Mind you I haven't seen or heard a single candidate on our patch the whole time, I have had some leaflets shoved through the door saying "sorry we missed you". Well you fcuking would have I was at work.
I'm hatching a plan to move in my old age to the most marginal seat in England, on the basis that every few years I can corner canvassers into long, boring conversations whilst they humour me in a desperate hope that I'll vote for them. I may even get some specially musty old biscuits, slightly stale and smelling a bit of cat's pee and the cheapest tea bags available. Great rambling monolgues later I shall loudly announce my intentions to vote for the party most likley to wind my "guest" up.
 
#18
re-stilly said:
Well the lack of a labour party monkey asking who did you vote for outside our polling station I think speaks volumes. Mind you I haven't seen or heard a single candidate on our patch the whole time, I have had some leaflets shoved through the door saying "sorry we missed you". Well you fcuking would have I was at work.
No Labour 'monkey' outside a polling station in Mrs 'Expenses' Keen's constituency (Brentford & Isleworth) either. How has that woman got the brass neck to stand again for election?

There was one in my Polling Station (Putney) where Labour have 'no hope or Bob Hope' and the wretched little oik had the gall to say 'good morning'!
 
#19
Went to my one in Hove close to 0700 on the way to work and thought I'd be the first - there was a steady stream going in both when I was there & when I left. Likewise no one has been knocking on doors although the Tory candidate came round a few months ago before the election was announced. Pity, I was looking forward to asking the Labour flunky why New Liarbour in general and Cyclops in particular hated the armed forces and whether he had ever had a proper job!
 
#20
I voted just after 11:00. No queue but people where going in and out. No idea when the busiest time is but would hazard a guess that opening time would have a fair few people voting before work, quieten down and then get busy again after people knock off work.
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads