Polling Turnout

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Gremlin, May 6, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

Just a quick FYI for those interested....

I'm running the stats for a party in one of the London constituencies, and voter turn out is looking pretty impressive so far.

A couple of the Polling Stations had queues this morning for the first time that anyone can remember.

Having said that London is running it's local elections at the same time.

2. Looked a bit thin here in Essex at lunchtime with only about 10% of the names on the list crossed through but the staff were pretty excited and said it had been a decent turnout. Apparently it gets busier later. I have a feeling that more will turn out this time than the last couple.

3. Interesting :D

It's always good to see a healthy turnout. Dare I ask Gremlin, are your stats showing any swings or voting patterns at present?

P.S. I'm in the colonies so cannot influence outcomes....plus I'm going to bed soon, so please do tell :D

4. Gremlin

They are certainly showing something.

However I am in a tight area, and with £^&*#' ers like Whet on this board, I am not going to be saying anything until after 22:00!

I guess that puts me down as not Lib Dem then! :D

5. I'll look forward to seeing what you have to put up Gremlin :D

6. Seemed quite round my way but thats probably because most of the voters would have been bringing in the cattle or hearding the sheep at 7 this morning!

Besides, the SNP will probably poll the most votes up here as many believe the other parties are English.

They forget its a lying Scotsman that has been running the country for a good few years in Blair (Edinburgh) and Brown (Fife).

Salmond has been bumping his gums as usual over a Scottish Defence Force (funded by "London") and the Scottish Oil... 8O

7. Lewisham / Blackheath area said that their boxes were smaller than expected and filling up more quickly than expected.

Conspiracy time - are the boxes smaller so as by the time the Labour / Lib dem lovers ahve voted in the daytime (what with most of them being unemployed / benefits / useless) the boxes will be too full for conservative voters this evening when they get back from work? "Sorry sir, you can't vote as the box is full".
    (Before you ask, I'm on leave!)

8. Well, whichever foot you kick with Gremlin, all the best of British luck to you :)

I always think it's the best place to be on election day...right in the thick of it! I'm off to la la land now. Look forward to your updates in the morning :D

9. As teller in my area there does seem a higher than usual turnout........all to the good no matter who one votes for. (Had one gentle- woman who went in to vote and left her two dogs with me......told her there wasn't a B.P candidate....Biscuits Party.)

10. Went with the OH about 12. No queues but a steady stream of people coming in and the boxes pretty full. Hopefully a high turnout this year which will give whatever party more credibility.
    Hope it doesn't end up as a hung parliament as we'll have to go through it all again with the year.
    (Not bothered about the voting, it's all that rubbish on the telly and radio that gets me down-and, please, no more "Who want to be Prime Minister?" game shows).

11. North Essex this morning at 7 when they opened was quite busy as people did the deed before going to work.

12. I wonder how many people who were approached during all the opinion polls said "Labour" or "Lib Dem" when asked, but actually have no intention of getting off their rear-ends today (as it's another 24hrs before the mobility scooter's fully recharged to scoop the weekly Giro).

Probably not as many as I'd like to hope.

13. Gremlin

I think, that without giving too much away, I can say that the three debates have had quite a significant effect on the voting demographic!

14. Me and the wife went into our local polling station at 10am.....we were the only ones in there apart from the 2 blokes behind the desks!

Desperate!!!!

15. Well the lack of a labour party monkey asking who did you vote for outside our polling station I think speaks volumes. Mind you I haven't seen or heard a single candidate on our patch the whole time, I have had some leaflets shoved through the door saying "sorry we missed you". Well you fcuking would have I was at work.